2023 Honda Civic Type R Revealed, Still More to Come
There have been teasers, and teasers, and teasers...and now we can see the 2023 Honda Type R uncovered.
Just don't ask about specs.
Because Honda hasn't listed them yet.
Instead we're told the body is lightweight and highly rigid, though it's not said how in relation to the last-gen car.
We are promised that the engine will have more power, so that's something a bit more concrete, and the six-speed manual, which appears to be the only available transmission, will be improved. Improved how, we don't know -- better gearing for acceleration? Shorter shifts?
Similarly, the suspension and steering are said to be "enhanced" and improved.
If we sound cranky, that's just because after all this time, we were hoping to hear some numbers. That said, the car looks great to this author's eye, even with the big boy-racer wing remaining as part of the experience. And having driven the current Civing Si, and having enjoyed it, I imagine the Type R will be quite good.
To be fair to Honda, the company does get a bit more clear with some things. This car is longer, lower, and wider than what it replaces. The tires are wider, the front-fender grilles larger, and there's a new side-sill to increase airflow efficiency. The rear wing and bumper are redesigned, the rear doors wider, and the rear diffuser is new.
But the three exhaust outlets remain.
Inside, the serialized dash plate moves to the dash, and the seats, carpet, and trim are red in Type R tradition. There will be data recording features specific to Type R.
Finally, the car will be available in five colors, including Historic Championship White, which is only available on Type R Civics. Rallye Red, Boost Blue, Crystal Black Pearl, and Sonic Grey Pearl round out the menu.
Soon enough, we'll have specs, pricing, and an on-sale date. For now, though, you can gawk.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- ToolGuy Price dropped $500 overnight. (Wait 10 more days and you might get it for free?)
- Slavuta Must be all planned. Increase price of cars, urbanize, 15 minutes cities. Be poor, eat bugs
- Sid SB Not seen a Core without the performance pack yet. Prefer the more understated look of the Core vs the Circuit, but both are great fun to drive.
- El scotto Tesla has one team making EV's because that is all Tesla does. Farley -rolls eyes- decided to split Ford into two huge warring factions: ICE vs EV. Hey Jimbo, it says "FORD" on the buildings.Lord only knows what GM did internally because it's GM. I'm betting it's like Ford pitting ICE vs EVs. With GM being GM every existing division will be divided.Stellantis will keep building Challengers and Rams. Someday they may figure out that Jeep is the fugu fish of the automotive sushi world and unload to some Chinese. EV's? no, not really.If this site was The Truth About HVAC (TTAH) some on here would tell us that central heating and air causes unknown illnesses, will be bad, and cause a degradation of our nation's moral fiber. By golly they shoveled coal and carry ash buckets and that shouldn't change.
- El scotto -channeling my inner Kenneth Mars- It is a coupe because Merzedes say's it est une kupe! Quiet schweinhunds! Dis is zee best kupe in zee vorld! Merzedes says so! Zee best or nothing Mein Herrs!