Tag: Mayors

By on December 8, 2017

nissan leaf charging electric car

On Wednesday, 22 mayors issued a letter to members of the House and Senate conference committee that’s attempting to finalize a rushed tax plan before the end of the year, saying the $7,500 electric vehicle tax credit allows them to better pursue clean-energy initiatives within their cities. The current versions of the bill has the House eliminating the credit, while the Senate has voted to keep it. So far, no automaker has reached the credit’s 200,000-vehicle threshold, and the industry — now backed with mayoral might — has pressed the U.S. government to maintain the incentive.

Alright, so it isn’t the power play that will turn the tide. But it does show that there exists a large group outside of manufacturers and EV fans that wants to keep the credits in place.  (Read More…)

Recent Comments

  • boowiebear: I really find the styling of this car distasteful and still think they should have named it something...
  • 28-Cars-Later: Yawn. Wake me when they start talking about the F-150 EV.
  • Robert Schwartz: I read about it, and I bought an Avalon to replace my 2014 Accord V6.
  • ajla: Plug scarcity, state of repair, and availability is what worries me a lot more than charging times. I can live...
  • dal20402: “Yes, this car won’t meet the vacation needs of 43% of the USA. The other 57%? Yes.” Or it...

New Car Research

Get a Free Dealer Quote

Who We Are

  • Adam Tonge
  • Bozi Tatarevic
  • Corey Lewis
  • Mark Baruth
  • Ronnie Schreiber