TTAC Commentator Towncar writes:
I have some piddling little aggravations and head-scratchers, and it appears those serve to entertain the B&B as well as anything.
- Black Pillars: When and why did the black B-pillar take over the world? Presumably it’s to make you think it’s not there and the car’s a hardtop, but there’s never been a single case where that worked — not one. Even on a black car, the finish is sufficiently different that you can tell the pillar is present.
- Colors: Why are there no good interior colors anymore — red, blue, green? The only current one I know of, fairly recent, is the Rhapsody in Blue interior on the new Continental, and you have to buy the ultra-highline Black Label edition to get it. Which brings up the question: why do so few interiors really match anymore? It used to be that two-tone interiors looked designed that way, but now they just seem to have been put together from parts for different cars.
- Gas Fillers: Have any of the fool engineers who put gas fillers on the passenger’s side ever tested this concept out by going through a gas line backwards? (By the way, this pertains to the G6 convertible you advised me to buy about four years ago, and belated thanks, it’s generally great.)
- Wipers: Why has the old-fashioned opposed (clap hands) style come back of late years? I saw some kind of little Ford with this lately, and I think a Honda or two. And pertaining to the newer parallel style, what determines which side the wipers “point” to? It’s almost always the passenger’s, but I can think of two cars having them point the other way — the suicide-door Continentals of the ’60s and the Avanti. Why?
- TPMS: OK, this is actually semi-serious. How good are these things? The G6’s dash display gives pressures, but seldom agrees with my trusty tire gauge at the best of times, and changes in temperature and even bumps in the road sometimes trigger the warning light. Can the sensors be adjusted and/or calibrated for accuracy? And are the retrofit kits you can buy for older cars any good?
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- 28-Cars-Later Sad to see Honda sink so low.
- Tassos While it is understandable for an impressionable 4 year old (especially if the kid is not very bright) to be a big fan of this utterly ridiculous rolling ad for one of the WURST (pun intended), nutritionally poor and utterly tasteless (try a real good sausage once in your life and you will see what I mean) junk food, it sure is not normal to see adults take notice of the same crappy food and ridiculous contraption.In short, why the hell is this utter "kitsch" newsworthy?
- Ravenuer So what was wrong with wienermobile, anyway?
- Sayahh They tried New Coke playbook but nobody cared before nor after the name/formula change here.
- Kcflyer Can they delete the hideous cladding? Addition by subtraction