The Lexus LF-A is sold out. Your $375k may now resume burning a hole in your pocket, bank account, investment portfolio, Scrooge McDuck-style treasure vault. Bonus LF-A trivia point (courtesy: Automotive News [sub]): one out of every three LF-As sold in Europe went to Germany. And that’s all Toyota will say about that. Meanwhile, ToMoCo’s other, more “mission critical” sales numbers are slightly less inscrutable…
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Peter 20% raise to make up for the post-Covid inflation. 3% a year for the length of this contract estimated future inflation.Nothing for retired workers (It’s not the Automakers fault that the Union has stolen your money. Go talk to the 2 guys sitting in Jail)
- ToolGuy Tier 2 for everyone would be fair. And would show solidarity (if that is your thing).
- ToolGuy Here is a summary of the used EV tax credit (if you are poor and unsuccessful like me).
- Jeff Isn't the fact that the CEOs are overpaid and the pay disparity one of the main issues in this strike? Not much the UAW can do about CEO and top executive pay but it does appear that they do have some valid grievances. As to how much of what they are asking for they will get is anyone's guess but both the UAW and the auto companies will eventually come to an agreement. I don't hate either the auto companies or the UAW members but I full understand why the UAW is striking. I doubt the union will get the exact pay increase they are asking for and the UAW has already rejected a 20% pay increase so it is a reasonable hypothesis to believe a 28% or 30% pay increase could be the agreed upon compromise.
- Fred I guess it depends are you "supply side" or "demand side" economists. I doubt I'll be buying a new car anytime soon if ever, so let's just keep everyone working.