Remember way back in the Nineties when plaid and grunge were so much of a fashion statement Marc Jacobs attempted to monetize the trend (the end result being dismissed by his then-employer Perry Ellis)? Around that same time, a certain hip-hop artist emerged from the den of detuned punk and evergreens to make big backsides en vogue, doing quite well in the process.
Seattle rapper Sir Mix-A-Lot (née Anthony Ray) is a fixture in the city’s music scene, from his co-founding of label Nastymix with DJ Nasty Nes in 1983, to his current production work for local rock group Ayron Jones and The Way. He also happens to be an exotic car aficionado, his garage filled with Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and of course, Porsches.
If you ever dreamed of sitting in one of his many rides, you are now in luck: the Mack Daddy himself has put his 1984 Gemballa Porsche 935 slantnose convertible – named Blurple, because it’s purple and goes like a blur – up for sale with Cats Exotics in nearby Lynnwood, Wash.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Astigmatism As someone with the means, the home charger, and an EV already in the household: God, no. If I wanted an electric truck, would get the Rivian over this thing eleven times out of ten. Even leaving Musk's personality aside, the Cyber Truck is the automotive equivalent of $1000 designer sneakers - they just make you look like an insecure jerkwad.
- Marty S This is the same wagon that Queen Elizabeth drove, and was recently auctioned. The wagon (sportbrake) came late to the X-Type and was very good looking and certainly nice with AWD. Unfortunately Jag gave up on the X-type shortly thereafter. The XE, which came years later, was a very different car, and more of a Jaguar, with a supercharged V-6.Jag has now decided to abandon all the ICE vehicles and go totally electric at a much higher price point starting in 2025. They also closed many dealerships. Considering the current sales resistance to EV's now happening (even Mercedes is having trouble selling their EVs), I think this may prove to be a very bad decision by Jaguar and I fear for the brand.
- Carlson Fan What I want to know is does the bed & tailgate form a ramp as the rear end squats to the ground like the prototype?
- 28-Cars-Later Go to Car-part.com and search for a TC's trunk. This example may still be in the yard but the post is from 2021 so it may also be gone.
- Carlson Fan Ford, GM & RAM need to get smart and put this type of a drive train in a 1/2 ton pick-up truck. This makes a lot more sense than all electric. Until there is a major development in battery tech. forget EV pick-ups.