Yesterday’s Junkyard Find was a completely used-up Detroit hooptie, of mild historical interest but not really deserving to be spared the steel jaws of The Crusher. Today’s Junkyard Find, however, is a different story: a solid, completely rust-free W114 Benz with a straight body and very nice interior. Did I mention that it’s a coupe?
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Jeff Isn't the fact that the CEOs are overpaid and the pay disparity one of the main issues in this strike? Not much the UAW can do about CEO and top executive pay but it does appear that they do have some valid grievances. As to how much of what they are asking for they will get is anyone's guess but both the UAW and the auto companies will eventually come to an agreement. I don't hate either the auto companies or the UAW members but I full understand why the UAW is striking. I doubt the union will get the exact pay increase they are asking for and the UAW has already rejected a 20% pay increase so it is a reasonable hypothesis to believe a 28% or 30% pay increase could be the agreed upon compromise.
- Fred I guess it depends are you "supply side" or "demand side" economists. I doubt I'll be buying a new car anytime soon if ever, so let's just keep everyone working.
- MrIcky Man I wanted an IROC Z in high school, well I wanted a Porsche or a Lamborghini, but on a maybe almost possible level- I wanted the IROC
- MrIcky Well let me guess- it will have the exact same engine combos as the toyota tacoma minus the strongest one. That will be saved for a future 'GR' variant which normally is only a regular camry with different shocks- but this will have the actual bigger hybrid set up. Over time it will turn out to be fine- nothing special, but the toyota cult will tell you that it's clearly better than everything else because Japan = best!
- 28-Cars-Later Well, 28% of course.The better question is what to do with the rest of the more interesting demands.