On the last edition of Rare Rides we took a look at the Consulier GTP — a purpose-built race car that could also be driven on the road. After a name change and a couple of interim V8 updates on the original GTP, the company now known as Mosler Automotive released a new car, and then promptly modified it.
Presenting the MT900S.
The Consulier was a two-thousand-pound, turbo-Chrysler-four-powered attempt to build a truly modern sporting automobile. Warren Mosler, its designer, once famously offered $25,000 to anybody who could beat the Consulier around a racetrack with a street car. Depending on how you read the events that then transpired, he was either vindicated or soundly beaten.
Regardless, due to Mr. Mosler’s withdrawal from the car biz, there are now some Consuliers for sale.
It’s been almost a year since the Internet was treated to the story of a boy, a girl, and a dodgy take on a dead supercar. The story had all the makings of a classic tale: ambition, speed, deceit, accusation, busty Asian women in leopard-skin print outfits dancing on top of cars in the desert.
Well, the story isn’t quite over yet.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Arthur Dailey What the heck is an 'influencer'?And who would buy or do something because somebody on a social media site told them to or recommended/flogged something?Maybe I am just too old and cynical to understand those who actually are 'influenced'? But then I also never trusted or was 'influenced' by celebrity endorsements or product placements.However I did know and coach a teenager who became extremely wealthy because he set up a Youtube channel where people paid to watch him and his friends play video games.
- Dukeisduke $8,000 for this rustbucket? It's a '73, not a '74 ("Registered and titled as a 1973…it looks like a ‘74 to me"), and anyway, mid to late '60s Alfa Berlinas are much more desirable.Even if you kept it in a garage and didn't drive it in the rain, it wouldn't stop rusting, it might just progress more slowly. This looks more like a parts car than something you'd drive. It needs rear main seals all over the car, so that oil leaks can slow down the rust, like all the oil on the underbody.
- Analoggrotto Only the truly influential , affluent, educated and elite drive TESLAs. This is a fake influencer.
- Analoggrotto Looking forward to the comments.
- Dukeisduke Where the hell did he get the money for all those? Likes on YouTube?