LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2015, 07:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Chris' Find of the Day: Porsche 944S

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/ctd/5179398908.html

Oooh. the 16v version of the legendary 944. Supposedly less hassle to maintain than the Turbo, with about 90% of the performance.

$8k seems awfully low for a nice, relatively-rare Porsche...
Old 08-21-2015, 05:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
BDT

My cousin had one of those and he loved the thing. He even had a mullet, which seemed appropriate for what I consider to be Porsche's Camaro. Cool car, though, and properly quick. That one looks really good.
BDT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015, 09:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

Great looking car I always wanted a 944 vert hope this finds a good home, almost bought a 944s a few years ago the PPI killed the deal, still a sharp looking car.
seth1065 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 10:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

Default I want!

Had an '87 924S and absolutely loved it. When purchased, mine had 115k on the clock, was in good condition with a couple of minor body dents, no rust, clean interior. Set me back $3500, plus another thousand spent immediately on timing belt, water pump, etc. because there were no service records with the car.

Kept it for four years and 15k miles, then stupidly traded it for an '05 Solstice, which only stuck around for two years. Nothing wrong with the Solstice, but after being used to the 924 it was a long term disappointment.

The eight grand asking is a bit high, but if that car is actually as pristine as the pictures promise and it has service records, I'd certainly go six. Buy it. You won't regret it.
Syke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forum - The Truth About Cars forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.