LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2014, 10:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

The Mustang was actually the wife's daily driver for 5 years!¬*She just got an 08 4runner but loved the Mustang too much to even consider selling it, so I got her to agree that if we kept it as a third vehicle, we had to at least autocross it- if not take it to VIR. She¬*is definitely interested in HPDE (especially since I am going) but it does sound like sharing would work better at an autocross.

The insurance discussion came up when we Googled "TrackDAZE VIR" and the first video was of¬*a Civic suddenly and randomly spinning and slamming a wall.¬*Driver was OK-¬*but the car looked done. It wasn't driver error or anything, the caption of the video said engine oil blew out all over the rear tires and that was it. My wife wants to know "her" car would be fixed/replaced if something like that happened. The HPDE¬*damage¬*insurance for the Mustang would only be about $100 so it might be worth it if bad luck did strike. I assume if the car was damaged they would pay most, or if¬*totaled they would pay out the "agreed value" minus some sort of deductible...
rileyru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 08:48 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to SexCpotatoes

Are stainless steel brake hoses really an upgrade? A guy at Grandmarq.net once made the very good point that when SS lines get old or start to fail they will collapse internally and they are nowhere near as easy to visually inspect as the rubber hoses .
SexCpotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2014, 12:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

SexCpotatoes said Are stainless steel brake hoses really an upgrade? Long term? Not sure. The hoses are teflon with stainless steel braid wrap, seems like a strong / solid design worthy of years of services. Short term? Oh yeah - they really improved my pedal feel and thus braking confidence. Had a good time over the weekend in Homestead, well until the syncros in 3rd gear gave up (common problem with first year 350Zs). The group I ran with allowed people to "share" for only $100 more. They also allowed ride-a-longs for free I think. I only know the sharing thing for sure because a couple in the garage next to us was doing that exactly that. I hear ya on the random failure thing, someone lost their motor at our event and put oil onto the track, the next car thru immediate spun off. Thankfully this occurred in area with plenty of run off space (wide open grass). Both me and my brother had minor "offs" (2 wheels kicking up dirt) due to apexing a difficult corner incorrectly. I saw two other cars do some quick spins but avoided hitting any solid objects. Bad things can (and thus DO) happen.

Old 11-05-2020, 09:41 AM   #14 (permalink)

Hi! Many years ago I wanted to become a mechanic. But right now I am very busy, because this is my last year at the university and I have to do a huge task for my last and difficult exam. I expect that with the help of this writing service all my papers will be done in time and at the most vocational level. If you need help, just click on the website.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:19 AM   #15 (permalink)

That's right treated steel brake hoses are a simple and modest overhaul. I just mined - and the pedal is extremely firm, ideally the new liquid will keep it that route all through my meetings this end of the week. Having a Colt I'm certain you have a lot of discussions to uncover counsel on what others suggest as great overhauls. Try not to go insane, its generally about learning and understanding things. Having the "best" anything helps until you get familiar with the track and how to drive it. Gotta state to Jack and different educators - talk about bundles of steel. To get into another person's vehicle, which gives off an impression of being working (generally) and who may (or may not) think he is "The Stig" is totally nuts. I thought that it was engaging when my educator instructed me to driver quicker! I was lifting out of unadulterated dread. The frail connection is plainly the nut in the driver's seat. The most reviving part was the shared regard I saw. Everybody was quite amicable (less one azz cap in a red Audi... in any case, there is consistently one right?). I was running with folks claiming vehicles that cost as much as my home (there was a Mclaren on target) and they were not twitches by any stretch of the imagination.
blonko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2020, 10:00 AM   #16 (permalink)

what's that ???? Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
blonko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forum - The Truth About Cars forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.