LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

It's obvious how I found the article, but aside from my obvious delight, there are other vehicles listed to make up for it.

http://www.hummerguy.net/hummer-news/2014-hummer-resale-value?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_ca mpaign=Feed%3A+HummerGuy+%28Hummer+Guy%29
Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to educatordan

I'm a cheap SOB who buys cars used and keeps them until they have to go to the crusher. I want to know which cars have the WORST resale values and I want to know the info for many categories.
Owner 1967 Ford Mustang Convertible: 289V8, Cruise-o-matic transmission, vintage burgundy exterior, black interior and top, MSD Ignition, true dual 2.5 in exhaust system, Ford 9in rear. Owned since July 2013, in family since 1967.

DD: 2004 Ford F150 Heritage, single cab, bench, crank windows, 4.6V8, automatic, aftermarket flatbed, Dynomax cat back dual exhaust. Owned since 2006. 2010 Toyota Highlander, V6 AWD, three row, family truckster *
educatordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

I just read a report from Kelley Blue Book that ranks them in terms of percentage of value from new. 1. Toyota FJ Cruiser: resale value at 36 months (81%) / 60 months (70%) 2. Toyota Tacoma: resale value at 36 months (73.7%) / 60 months (61.9%) 3. Jeep Wrangler: resale value at 36 months (70.3%) / 60 months (59.1%) 4. Toyota 4Runner: resale value at 36 months (66.6%) / 60 months (56.2%) 5. Chevrolet Corvette: resale value at 36 months (67.5%) / 60 months (53.5%) 6. Toyota Tundra: resale value at 36 months (63.7%) / 60 months (52.3%) 7. Chevrolet Camaro: resale value at 36 months (63.7%) / 60 months (51.9%) 8. Honda CR-V: resale value at 36 months (63%) / 60 months (50.7%) 9. Chevrolet Silverado 1500: resale value at 36 months (59%) / 60 months (50.6%) 10. Dodge Challenger: resale value at 36 months (60.8%) / 60 months (50.5%)
Lie2me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 02:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to SexCpotatoes

PrincipalDan said I'm a cheap SOB who buys cars used and keeps them until they have to go to the crusher. I want to know which cars have the WORST resale values and I want to know the info for many categories. You want worst resale values? Cayenne with grenaded motor. Newer Land Rovers and Range Rovers once they blow motors and have electrical gremlins. All 1990's to 2003 minivans because who wants to replace transmissions every 3 days? You more accurately want to know when a dependable make/model/year car reaches the absolute rock bottom of the depreciation curve. Some point where you can lay out $$$ purchase price and spend less than mid four figures for all maintenance, parts and repairs over a decade of use. We had a $250 '85 LTD Crown Victoria 2-door that went from my dad to brother to me and had less than $2k spent in all maintenance, registrations, & oil changes over the course of 10 years. (Granted my father worked for a dealership to get that low of a purchase price)
SexCpotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2014, 03:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

SexCpotatoes said PrincipalDan said I'm a cheap SOB who buys cars used and keeps them until they have to go to the crusher. I want to know which cars have the WORST resale values and I want to know the info for many categories. You want worst resale values? Cayenne with grenaded motor. Newer Land Rovers and Range Rovers once they blow motors and have electrical gremlins. All 1990's to 2003 minivans because who wants to replace transmissions every 3 days? * You more accurately want to know when a dependable make/model/year car reaches the absolute rock bottom of the depreciation curve. Some point where you can lay out $$$ purchase price and spend less than mid four figures for all maintenance, parts and repairs over a decade of use. We had a $250 '85 LTD Crown Victoria 2-door that went from my dad to brother to me and had less than $2k spent in all maintenance, registrations, & oil changes over the course of 10 years. (Granted my father worked for a dealership to get that low of a purchase price) // =a.offsetWidth&&0>=a.offsetHeight)return!1;a=this. j(a);var c=a.top.toString()+y+a.left.toString();if(this.b.h asOwnProperty(c))return!1;this.b[c]=!0;return a.top
Owner 1967 Ford Mustang Convertible: 289V8, Cruise-o-matic transmission, vintage burgundy exterior, black interior and top, MSD Ignition, true dual 2.5 in exhaust system, Ford 9in rear. Owned since July 2013, in family since 1967.

DD: 2004 Ford F150 Heritage, single cab, bench, crank windows, 4.6V8, automatic, aftermarket flatbed, Dynomax cat back dual exhaust. Owned since 2006. 2010 Toyota Highlander, V6 AWD, three row, family truckster *
Old 02-18-2014, 08:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

PrincipalDan said SexCpotatoes said PrincipalDan said I'm a cheap SOB who buys cars used and keeps them until they have to go to the crusher. I want to know which cars have the WORST resale values and I want to know the info for many categories. You want worst resale values? Cayenne with grenaded motor. Newer Land Rovers and Range Rovers once they blow motors and have electrical gremlins. All 1990's to 2003 minivans because who wants to replace transmissions every 3 days? * You more accurately want to know when a dependable make/model/year car reaches the absolute rock bottom of the depreciation curve. Some point where you can lay out $$$ purchase price and spend less than mid four figures for all maintenance, parts and repairs over a decade of use. We had a $250 '85 LTD Crown Victoria 2-door that went from my dad to brother to me and had less than $2k spent in all maintenance, registrations, & oil changes over the course of 10 years. (Granted my father worked for a dealership to get that low of a purchase price) // =a.offsetWidth&&0>=a.offsetHeight)return!1;a=this. j(a);var c=a.top.toString()+y+a.left.toString();if(this.b.h asOwnProperty(c))return!1;this.b[c]=!0;return a.top
badcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2014, 09:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to SexCpotatoes

Hey now! The '85 2-door LTD was a paragon of boxy beauty, and had I the funds, foresight, and fortitude I do now, I'd have put KYB gas-a-justs at all four corners, Explorer 5.0 with GT40p heads, headers, dual exhaust, and a Trac-LOK rear in it.
SexCpotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

There was a post a few weeks ago on TTAC in which some industry expert was expecting that soon there would be a flood of returned lease vehicles on the market putting downward pressure on resale values. I wonder what the MOST leased vehicles are that we can expect cheaper used car prices on?

Old 04-15-2014, 11:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

PrincipalDan said There was a post a few weeks ago on TTAC in which some industry expert was expecting that soon there would be a flood of returned lease vehicles on the market putting downward pressure on resale values. I wonder what the MOST leased vehicles are that we can expect cheaper used car prices on? I'm really hopeful for this. Used car prices have been in the stratosphere for years now. My daily driver is a car I bought in 2007 at 6 years old with just under 70k for $2k. It is still an uncool car, but when you consider it has probably cost me $2k in upkeep (retail prices, all work done for me), not counting a set of tires and oil changes, and a mere 350 or so a year to insure, it's so cheap that every other car looks like a money pit. My guess is that the cheapest would be something that was cheap/popular in rental fleets (ex: PT Cruiser), but few were owned by people that cared for them and they're not particularly reliable.
TheyBeRollin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2015, 06:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

sX3CQx http://www.FyLitCl7Pf7kjQdDUOLQOuaxTXbj5iNG.com
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forum - The Truth About Cars forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.