LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2018, 11:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Honda Civic and Huyndai Elantra -- Streetcing Cars?

Specifically, I am wondering if any of these cars would be good for a first timer racing car (that is also a good 4 seat daily driver). Can they be modded? What's not good about them? Any alternatives?

2018 Honda Civic
2018 Huyndai Elantra
2014 Audi A4 1.8 Turbo
dageter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2018, 04:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hyundai as a brand was always seen as being cheaper cars. In recent years, however, Hyundai has worked hard and invested a lot of money in creating high quality but still highly affordable cars in order to escape that perception. Hyundai is now a car maker focused on great value for money.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Despite having a model named Eco, the Hyundai Elantra does not offer better fuel economy than the Honda Civic. The base Civic sedan with a manual transmission achieves 28 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway. ... Despite not besting the Civic, the Elantra is among the most fuel-efficient vehicles in its class.Feb 2, 2018

Old 10-14-2019, 12:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dageter View Post
Specifically, I am wondering if any of these cars would be good for a first timer racing car (that is also a good 4 seat daily driver). Can they be modded? What's not good about them? Any alternatives?

2018 Honda Civic
2018 Huyndai Elantra
2014 Audi A4 1.8 Turbo
Hello Dageter. I am a used car salesman over at ira toyota in Danvers Massachusetts and we have a 2016 Honda Civic for sale here. The asking price for it is 12,700. It has around 80k miles on it. I noticed that you are curious about modifications for a civic. If you go on the road you will notice that civics tend to be some of the most modded cars they are very easy to mod the exhaust wheels camber, etc. I am also a mechanic myself prior to this job but i know civics are very popular kind of like subaru because of how easy it is to mod them. If you have any questions about this vehicle or would be interested in buying it please feel free to call me at 857-205-2757. My name is Chris Milano
Chris Milano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forum - The Truth About Cars forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.