LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2015, 07:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Drove a new Accord.

Well, John and I found ourselves in the city with a few hours to kill betweent appointments.

"Lets go drive new cars."

Yes.

Well, Ive been interested in a Honda CR-Z 6mt, but have never checked one out. so on the off chance they had one, we headed to a Honda store.

To be fair, we told the attractive sales lady we had no intention of buying anything, and we really just stopped to sit in and really examine a CR-Z. There was one on the lot, but it belonged to an employee, and so we didnt go looking around this guy's personal car.

"Was there another Honda you might be interested in?"

"Accord Coupe" said someone in my voice.

They had two new 2016s, a fully loaded EX-L V-6 and a basic LX I-4, both CVTs. I chose the LX as that would be the one Id be most likely to buy, with a 6MT of course.

I dont know what trained monkey Nissan has designing/building it's CVTs, but they really need to go buy a new Accord and study Honda's design. While they're at it, study the engine and how its NOT shaking like a hoe comin off smack. The seats should be closely examined as well. The materials (the Accord and the Altima Im comparing both have black cloth) are so much nicer in the Honda. You can tell someone actually selected the cloth instead of cheaping out with some horrible crap like Nissan.

Honda could almost get me to buy a CVT, it was that much better. But, I do not want another automatic of any kind since the Taurus isnt going anywhere and I enjoy a manual so much. Everything else was supurb. The engine was responsive, the handling precise (at city speeds, once hit 60 on an.open streach), the car was very good. The seats support well without feeling too hard or too soft, much like my parent's 2012 Taurus (leather), very much unlike the Altima. I truly enjoyed driving the car, and only the very unfamiliar infotainment system was a little off-putting. John got it right away, of course he's more tech-savy than I am and he wasnt driving lol and Im used to Ford's SYNC.

Honda, as expected, did a supurb job on the Accord. I dont love all Accords and am not the world's biggest Honda fanboi (my blood is Ford blue), but this one looks great and it performs extremely well.

John had fun, too. Drove a 1.5T Civic and loved it. I sat out on that one but he certainly had a smile when he came back, lol. Hes a car guy but cant drive a manual, so I guess its up to me to keep the torch lit by recruting another member to our side. The only new manual car they had was an HR-V. They were supposed to have a used Civic Si manual but it sold the night before. Funny, John and I saw it at McDonalds a few days later, very early one morning (dealer ad tag).

We really enjoyed it, and if things go well and a new car is possible, I think we will go there first.
JohnTaurus_3.0_AX4N is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forum - The Truth About Cars forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.