LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

It looks like Cadillac is going ahead with the flagship program, but it will be a sedan, rather than a coupe.
Derek Kreindler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 09:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

That is probably a good thing. The sedan will likely sell a few more units.¬*
badcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

LTS?¬* Oh lordy, what does that stand for?¬* Long Touring Sedan? Remind me again why we gave a **** if Cadillac built a RWD flagship?¬* Everything looks the same as every other OEM. And, they'll probably ruin it with a twin-turbo V6 and call it a day because they're scared shitless they'll sell a few too many copies and run afoul of CAFE. There, now that I've vented my spleen, I'll salute GM for finally getting with the, er, program.
86er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #4 (permalink)

86er said LTS?¬* Oh lordy, what does that stand for?¬* Long Touring Sedan? Their _TS system is almost as annoying as the Lincoln MK_¬*
Old 01-24-2014, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to educatordan

LTS?¬* Oh lordy, what does that stand for?¬* Long Touring Sedan? ¬* Remind me again why we gave a **** if Cadillac built a RWD flagship?¬* Everything looks the same as every other OEM. And, they'll probably ruin it with a twin-turbo V6 and call it a day because they're scared shitless they'll sell a few too many copies and run afoul of CAFE. There, now that I've vented my spleen, I'll salute GM for finally getting with the, er, program. GMs old anti-gas guzzler policies (back in the 80s) kept us from having decent Cadillacs. In fact I would argue it ruined the brand in a bigger way than the cheapening of the interiors. At least in the late 70s early 80s buying a Cadillac was a good way to get a big block sedan when the lower priced brands stopped building them.
Owner 1967 Ford Mustang Convertible: 289V8, Cruise-o-matic transmission, vintage burgundy exterior, black interior and top, MSD Ignition, true dual 2.5 in exhaust system, Ford 9in rear. Owned since July 2013, in family since 1967.

DD: 2004 Ford F150 Heritage, single cab, bench, crank windows, 4.6V8, automatic, aftermarket flatbed, Dynomax cat back dual exhaust. Owned since 2006. 2010 Toyota Highlander, V6 AWD, three row, family truckster ¬*
educatordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 07:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

This thing is a waste of time. People are barely buying Hyundai's half price flagships. If this thing is priced like the ATS/CTS nobody will buy it. An S-Class without the 3 pointed star is just a leather lined time bomb.

GM's whole Caddy plan is a little silly TBH. Let the Germans do what the Germans do. As Lexus shows big volume comes from giving the¬* market what they want (ES/RX), not aimlessly mimicking the competition.
sportyaccordy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2014, 11:58 AM   #7 (permalink)

"This thing is a waste of time. People are barely buying Hyundai's half price flagships. If this thing is priced like the ATS/CTS nobody will buy it. An S-Class without the 3 pointed star is just a leather lined time bomb. GM's whole Caddy plan is a little silly TBH. Let the Germans do what the Germans do. As Lexus shows big volume comes from giving the¬* market what they want (ES/RX), not aimlessly mimicking the competition."

That doesn't really seem fair. Hyundai has never had any luxury cachet. Cadillac, although its brand has been diminished over time, at least has heritage that it can point to. Cadilllac also puts itself forward as a luxury brand. The Genesis and Equus don't really fit in Hyundai's lineup.
GusTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2014, 07:42 AM   #8 (permalink)

And Caddy is really building this for the Chinese Market. If they sell just one of the things here they can brand it over there as "Just like the car sold in America"
Old 01-28-2014, 07:49 AM   #9 (permalink)

badcoffee said And Caddy is really building this for the Chinese Market. If they sell just one of the things here they can brand it over there as "Just like the car sold in America" Good point; will N. America even get this?
86er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

I think their large concepts are really beautiful and coincide with what I think of when I imagine the good parts of Cadillac. ¬*If they can hold out long enough to show that it's reliable, and can out-do the Germans in size for the price while keeping abreast of them in other areas, they could eventually have a winner here in the US, regardless of engine, as long as it offers plenty of torque and silent propulsion befitting a big Caddy.

It'd be nice if they did something with a wow-factor ala Rolls-Royce, Lamborghini, SLS. ¬*How about minivan-style sliding doors front and rear? ¬*That'd be useful for such a wide vehicle. ¬*Maybe then they could use the cachet to sell a luxury minivan as well...OK, now I'm reaching.
qest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forum - The Truth About Cars forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.