LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2014, 07:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

B&B,

If there are any cars that you'd like to see reviewed, here is the place to let us know. If they aren't available in the press fleet, we'll use our #1 Club Gold Membership to do so.
Derek Kreindler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2014, 07:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to educatordan

I want to see some good old fashioned comparos like were done back in the Fargo days. Like the "American Iron" comparo that featured a Town Car vs DTS vs 300C.

Give us new Impala vs Taurus vs Charger, the cheapest ones you can find, "Family Man Sedan" shootout.

Boring Cam-cord Shootout: Camry vs Accord vs Malibu vs Altima vs Sonata vs Fusion vs 200. I know Car and Driver does it all the time but they aren't as talented as you guys are.
Owner 1967 Ford Mustang Convertible: 289V8, Cruise-o-matic transmission, vintage burgundy exterior, black interior and top, MSD Ignition, true dual 2.5 in exhaust system, Ford 9in rear. Owned since July 2013, in family since 1967.

DD: 2004 Ford F150 Heritage, single cab, bench, crank windows, 4.6V8, automatic, aftermarket flatbed, Dynomax cat back dual exhaust. Owned since 2006. 2010 Toyota Highlander, V6 AWD, three row, family truckster ┬*
educatordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2014, 07:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

Not really a specific request, but I always enjoy capsule reviews.┬* Too often, the review of a current product causes discussions that lead anywhere except the vehicle in question.
86er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 08:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

PrincipalDan said I want to see some good old fashioned comparos like were done back in the Fargo days. Like the "American Iron" comparo that featured a Town Car vs DTS vs 300C. Give us new Impala vs Taurus vs Charger, the cheapest ones you can find, "Family Man Sedan" shootout. Boring Cam-cord Shootout: Camry vs Accord vs Malibu vs Altima vs Sonata vs Fusion vs 200. I know Car and Driver does it all the time but they aren't as talented as you guys are. Our biggest problem is man power and logistics. On occasion, I can find someone I trust to be responsible for the second car. Finding someone to wrangle 7 cars like C/D does is pretty much impossible. Oh, and try getting the OEMs to coordinate it. Very, very tough.
Derek Kreindler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2014, 08:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Travis

I'll echo 86er here and say more capsule reviews. Taking a look at something from after some (or a lot) of age has set in makes us remember how we viewed those things when they were new, what the company was thinking about at that time, and how that's changed not. Hindsight is 20/20, using it when examining cars is fun.

Also getting really tired of doing math.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2014, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

Chevy SS

SHOW: Holden conversion including badges, Holden backup assist, Holden triple digital center console gauges, custom made Holden instrument cluster calibrated for US MPH, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, matte black hood scoops, clear bra, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG shark fin antenna, Vehicle In Motion modification, Bluetooth, full size spare w/ GM jack kit provided by Pace, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum engine bay trim, SS hood liner, Maverick Man billet fasteners, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, Morel speakers all around, SAS 10" sub, Redline Goods rear armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, Billet Prototypes white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo Performance┬*axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R with custom center caps

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 290kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected
HoldenSSVSE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

VW Jetta Sportwagen...with gasoline engine and auto trans. I really want a TDI Manual, but the little woman doesn't want a car she can't/won't drive...The diesel is cool, but realistically it's not worth it.
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Next generation 2015 Toyota Hybrids, please.┬*
ravenchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2014, 07:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

BMW 328d Touring with xDrive, if only to mess with the "Screw wagons, buy a crossover" groupthink that I sometimes see on TTAC.
Sam P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2014, 05:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

BMW X-Drive saw it for the first time last night at the Houston car show.┬* Salesmen didn't want to talk to me about it and I never heard of it.┬* ps BMW if Audi, MB and even Jaguar will let people sit in their cars then I think BMW should as well.┬*

oops guess I should of read the post right above┬* I still second it.
fredtal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forum - The Truth About Cars forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.