Forum - The Truth About Cars

Forum - The Truth About Cars (https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/forum/)
-   New / Future Product and Industry Discussion (https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/forum/3-new-future-product-industry-discussion/)
-   -   Request A Review Thread (https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/forum/3-new-future-product-industry-discussion/30-request-review-thread.html)

Derek Kreindler 01-22-2014 06:05 AM

B&B,

If there are any cars that you'd like to see reviewed, here is the place to let us know. If they aren't available in the press fleet, we'll use our #1 Club Gold Membership to do so.

educatordan 01-22-2014 06:24 AM

I want to see some good old fashioned comparos like were done back in the Fargo days. Like the "American Iron" comparo that featured a Town Car vs DTS vs 300C.

Give us new Impala vs Taurus vs Charger, the cheapest ones you can find, "Family Man Sedan" shootout.

Boring Cam-cord Shootout: Camry vs Accord vs Malibu vs Altima vs Sonata vs Fusion vs 200. I know Car and Driver does it all the time but they aren't as talented as you guys are. ;)

86er 01-22-2014 06:45 AM

Not really a specific request, but I always enjoy capsule reviews.¬* Too often, the review of a current product causes discussions that lead anywhere except the vehicle in question.

Derek Kreindler 01-22-2014 07:11 AM

PrincipalDan said I want to see some good old fashioned comparos like were done back in the Fargo days. Like the "American Iron" comparo that featured a Town Car vs DTS vs 300C. Give us new Impala vs Taurus vs Charger, the cheapest ones you can find, "Family Man Sedan" shootout. Boring Cam-cord Shootout: Camry vs Accord vs Malibu vs Altima vs Sonata vs Fusion vs 200. I know Car and Driver does it all the time but they aren't as talented as you guys are. ;) Our biggest problem is man power and logistics. On occasion, I can find someone I trust to be responsible for the second car. Finding someone to wrangle 7 cars like C/D does is pretty much impossible. Oh, and try getting the OEMs to coordinate it. Very, very tough.

Travis 01-22-2014 07:17 AM

I'll echo 86er here and say more capsule reviews. Taking a look at something from after some (or a lot) of age has set in makes us remember how we viewed those things when they were new, what the company was thinking about at that time, and how that's changed not. Hindsight is 20/20, using it when examining cars is fun.

Also getting really tired of doing math.

HoldenSSVSE 01-22-2014 09:53 AM

Chevy SS

lilpoindexter 01-22-2014 03:41 PM

VW Jetta Sportwagen...with gasoline engine and auto trans. I really want a TDI Manual, but the little woman doesn't want a car she can't/won't drive...The diesel is cool, but realistically it's not worth it.

ravenchris 01-22-2014 03:49 PM

Next generation 2015 Toyota Hybrids, please.¬*

Sam P 01-22-2014 06:42 PM

BMW 328d Touring with xDrive, if only to mess with the "Screw wagons, buy a crossover" groupthink that I sometimes see on TTAC.

fredtal 01-23-2014 04:00 AM

BMW X-Drive saw it for the first time last night at the Houston car show.¬* Salesmen didn't want to talk to me about it and I never heard of it.¬* ps BMW if Audi, MB and even Jaguar will let people sit in their cars then I think BMW should as well.¬*

oops guess I should of read the post right above¬* I still second it.