LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2014, 07:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

TTAC is rapidly becoming TTARC. ¬*I understand that most manufacturers don't want to lend cars to folks who tell the truth about them, but aren't there any left who are confident enough to let¬*you in on their junkets?

Isn't there some exotic/classic car rental place that will let you test drive a couple of interesting cars in exchange for a plug?

I am not trying to complain. ¬*I just wish I could help.

What about a post on the main page asking for some of the B&B to hook you up with review vehicles?
imag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2014, 06:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Aaaand... the Caddy reader review just went up. ¬*I realize it had nothing to do with me, but thanks for the diversity.

I still think Club Sportiva should give you guys a free membership
Old 05-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to educatordan

I honestly think that Rental Car Reviews are more honest and straightforward. How will the car hold up to more abuse than the average owner will throw at it?¬*

You also know the car hasn't been specially prepped for the reviewer.¬*
Owner 1967 Ford Mustang Convertible: 289V8, Cruise-o-matic transmission, vintage burgundy exterior, black interior and top, MSD Ignition, true dual 2.5 in exhaust system, Ford 9in rear. Owned since July 2013, in family since 1967.

DD: 2004 Ford F150 Heritage, single cab, bench, crank windows, 4.6V8, automatic, aftermarket flatbed, Dynomax cat back dual exhaust. Owned since 2006. 2010 Toyota Highlander, V6 AWD, three row, family truckster ¬*
educatordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 08:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

Read the car rental policy carefully and decide whether or not your car insurance covers you. Then discuss the car rental's coverage with the agent. Always make an informed decision.
¬*
NancyLong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

PrincipalDan said I honestly think that Rental Car Reviews are more honest and straightforward. How will the car hold up to more abuse than the average owner will throw at it?¬* You also know the car hasn't been specially prepped for the reviewer.¬* I agree. ¬*It also provides more time with the car than the old test drive reviews. ¬*I guess I wish the type of cars was a bit more interesting. ¬* Having said that, the mundane vehicles seem to generate the most discussion. ¬*Maybe it's just me. ¬*I never was a consumer reports-style enthusiast...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forum - The Truth About Cars forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.