Used Car of the Day: Toyota MR2
This Toyota MR2 93T will be on Bring a Trailer soon, says the owner. So if you're interested, you might want to hop on it soon.
This car is supposedly unmodified, though a laundry list of parts have been replaced over the years, and it just underwent an engine-out refresh.
The A/C has been converted to R134a.
Although the car is said to be unmodified, some of the replacement parts do appear to be aftermarket upgrades over the OEM. It strikes me that the seller is saying he or she hasn't done any major mods, but some of the parts have been replaced with simple upgrades.
This T-top car has ABS, power steering windows/locks/mirrors, and is in California.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- MaintenanceCosts Now that they have an actually functional entry into this segment--the Corolla Cross--they can put this sorry creation out of its misery.
- FreedMike The roads were closed down and the stunts were done by pros. All good by me.
- MaintenanceCosts If you've ever been to Oxford you know that having everyone drive everywhere is not sustainable there. But this seems like a much worse way to manage the problem than straightforward congestion pricing. Congestion pricing lets people drive where they want, when they want, but reduces the incentive to take car trips at the margins.
- Cprescott I remember seeing these unload at a local L/M dealer complete with the black plastic that covered the grill (for pre-delivery protection). I have always loved the formal look of this vintage with the upright, hard lines over the Mark IV's softer and shapeless look. Would love to have the money to take a decent condition one that didn't run and to convert it to EV so that greenies would have a fit of something so large being battery powered!
- FreedMike They were actually selling these all this time?