C That? Chrysler Has One Last Fling With the Hemi-Powered 300C
Fans of four-door sedans with outsized powerplants will have one more chance to put their name on the title of a Hemi-powered Chrysler 300C. Set to be produced for just the 2023 model year, this brute in a suit is intended to be a 392 cubic-inch farewell to Chrysler products on the LX platform.
Sure, it’s a platform with roots dating back to when Adam was a boy – but there’s no denying the fact that products built using these bones have been very popular with a certain demographic. Dodge is doing their own thing with a septet of special edition Charger/Challenger models, and it appears Chrysler wants in on the action. This 300C will be powered by the 6.4L Hemi V8, making 485 horsepower and near-as-makes-no-difference like amount of torque. This mill, also called the 392 (which, despite reports, is not the average credit score of most Chrysler customers), is allegedly able to hustle the 2023 300C to 60 mph from rest in 4.5 seconds and turn the quarter mile in a shade under 12.5 seconds.
The cabin of this car will look very familiar to anyone who has set foot inside a 300 at any point over the last decade. Interior addenda has been added in the style of carbon fiber, while black Laguna leather seats sport an embossed version of the 300C logo. These 300 sedans will also use up Chrysler’s stock of 19-speaker Harman Kardon sound systems, red Brembo-branded brake calipers, and limited slip rear diffs. An active exhaust system ensures the neighbors will hear you fire this beast up on a cold morning – or any morning, really. You’ve noticed the off-center tri-color 300C badge on the grille by now, right?
Chrysler intends to make 1,000 of these cars, painted either Gloss Black, Velvet Red, or Bright White. Individual production numbers aren’t available but it is reasonable to suggest it’ll be a roughly even ratio of the three. The brand has managed to sell 7,582 copies of its 300 sedan in the first half of this year, down 31 percent from 2021. As recently as 2018, Chrysler sold nearly 50,000 of the things per annum.
Priced at $55,000, the 2023 Chrysler 300C is available for order right now ahead of an estimated delivery in Spring 2023.
Matthew buys, sells, fixes, & races cars. As a human index of auto & auction knowledge, he is fond of making money and offering loud opinions.
More by Matthew Guy
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- 28-Cars-Later "But Assemblyman Phil Ting, the San Franciscan Democrat who wrote the electric school bus legislation, says this is all about the health and wellbeing of Golden State residents. In addition to the normal air pollution stemming from exhaust gasses, he believes children are being exposed to additional carcinogens by just being on a diesel bus."Phil is into real estate, he doesn't know jack sh!t about science or medicine and if media were real it would politely remind him his opinions are not qualified... if it were real. Another question if media were real is why is a very experienced real estate advisor and former tax assessor writing legislation on school busses? If you read the rest of his bio after 2014, his expertise seems to be applied but he gets into more and more things he's not qualified to speak to or legislate on - this isn't to say he isn't capable of doing more but just two years ago Communism™ kept reminding me Dr. Fauxi knew more about medicine than I did and I should die or something. So Uncle Phil just gets a pass with his unqualified opinions?Ting began his career as a real estate financial adviser at Arthur Andersen and CBRE. He also previously served as the executive director of the Asian Law Caucus, as the president of the Bay Area Assessors Association, and on the board of Equality California. [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Ting#cite_note-auto-1][/url][h3][/h3]In 2005, Ting was appointed San Francisco Assessor-Recorder in 2005 by Mayor Gavin Newsom, becoming San Francisco’s highest-ranking Chinese-American official at the time. He was then elected to the post in November 2005, garnering 58 percent of the vote.Ting was re-elected Assessor-Recorder in 2006 and 2010During his first term in the Assembly, Ting authored a law that helped set into motion the transformation of Piers 30-32 into what would become Chase Center the home of the Golden State Warriorshttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Ting
- RHD This looks like a lead balloon. You could buy a fantastic classic car for a hundred grand, or a Mercedes depreciationmobile. There isn't much reason to consider this over many other excellent vehicles that cost less. It's probably fast, but nothing else about it is in the least bit outstanding, except for the balance owed on the financing.
- Jeff A bread van worthy of praise by Tassos.
- Jeff The car itself is in really good shape and it is worth the money. It has lots of life left in it and can easily go over 200k.
- IBx1 Awww my first comment got deletedTake your “millennial anti theft device” trope and wake up to the fact that we’re the only ones keeping manuals around.