2022 Mini Countryman Boardwalk Edition – Past Park Place?
Mini USA today proclaimed the pricing and availability of the 2022 Countryman Boardwalk Edition, a variant for those who don’t mind drawing attention to themselves with its unique, eye-catching coloration.
The exterior color is what is described as a deep Laguna metallic exterior color, with a contrasting black finish on the roof and mirror caps. There’s also the penchant these days, annoying though it may be, to call trim or accents piano black, as if the darkness of a Steinway is more so than the absence of light on a black police cruiser, for example. So be it, the Boardwalk Mini has plain black 18-inch pin spoke wheels, with piano black exterior trim.
Mini copywriters effused over the interior leather trim, calling it punch black. Just so you can keep track, there’s black or just black, piano black, and punch black, all supposedly different expressions of blackness on this same diminutive vehicle.
There are also door sill, roof, dashboard, and side scuttle Boardwalk Edition graphics, reminders of which car is yours in case you forget parked amongst other garden-variety Minis.
Production of the Boardwalk Edition started in March and should be available sometime in April, unless the lot of them were aboard the freighter stuck in the Suez Canal, or on one that needs to take a circuitous route around Africa, in which case it may take even longer.
As a Cooper S homologation, the Boardwalk Edition is priced at $39,215, destination and handling charges included, or as an ALL4 version, which will run another $2,000 more.
Options such as LED fog and headlights, keyless entry, power-folding mirrors, SiriusXM satellite radio, touchscreen navigation, heated front seats, and a Harman/Kardon premium sound system all conspire to drive the sales price skyrocketing, even before any of the 116 Mini dealers in the U.S. adds their markup. Ah, the allure of a ‘limited edition’.
[Images: Mini USA]
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- GrumpyOldMan "A manual transmission is offered, as is a single-clutch auto. "What is a single clutch auto?
- ToolGuy It is raining super-hard outside right now.
- Analoggrotto It's getting awful hard to tell these Mercedes apart from one another.
- Analoggrotto Ah the Fisher Price car for the uncoolest of uncool dad-bods.
- FreedMike If it were a GLI, it’d be a decent project car. But at the end of the day you have a base Jetta, and those weren’t all that great. Speaking of project VWs - when I was living at my old house a few years ago, one of my neighbors had an OG 1983 GTI sitting on his lawn. Lord, did I want to take that car home.