Last Rides: The Compilation Album
A couple of years back, as I sat at my desk having another existential episode with one of Murilee’s Finds loaded up on my monitor.
Junkyards have been something that have always fascinated me from an archaeological standpoint, even as a young lad. Many are more than just discarded automobiles. Often, you’re looking at the story of somebody’s life frozen in time, a bug in the amber.
I gazed at that mundane ’77 Plymouth, and then tossed out an intentionally absurd, yet profound, comment into cyberspace — sort of an internet version of “Hold my beer, and watch this.” Nobody really noticed, so I subsequently polished my [s]sickness[/s] “craft” until people did.
This satirical drivel became an amusing device for laughs for me, but alas, the sunset has come to my column here.
The latest tale happens to be not counting entire stories lost to internet anomalies, . In the beginning, my flash-fiction tales from the crypt would pop up in the comment section. If I was lucky and hit the post button within a few hours after the article dropped, a few people would actually read it. It also makes going back to find them rather difficult. So, before I roll the odometer over with my final act, here are the direct links to the complete Crab Collection.
1. 3. 5. 7. 9. 11. 13. 15. 17. 19. 21. 23. 25. 27. 29. 31. 33. 35. 37. 39. 41. 43. 45. 47. 49. 51. 53. 55. 57. 59. 61. 63. 65. 67. 69. 71. 73. 75. 77. 79. 81. 83. 85. 87. 89. 91.
93. Last Rides: Special Deluxe Edition (Murilee’s 1941 Plymouth Special Deluxe) (Go here for pics and story)
94. Sub-Human Kia (2004 Kia Sedona minivan)
95. All XUsed Up (2004 GMC Envoy XUV)
96. You Goin’ Nowhere (1989 Yugo GVL)
97. Getting The Boot (2005 Chrysler 300C)
98. Winded (2003 Ford Windstar)
99. Naru (1987 Nissan 300zx 2+2)
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Dukeisduke An updated Model 3? What does "updated" mean? Will they change the styling someday?
- Dukeisduke The current MSRP for a Camry LE is $26,320 plus $1,095 destination, according to their Website.
- MaintenanceCosts So many truck owners would end up busted if cops just enforced existing state laws on headlight and bumper height. Those go unenforced almost everywhere in the US.Lift aside, I'm a fan of any truck that has body-color bumpers and trim. The chrome on a lot of the trucks is just way too much.Late addition: the 6.2 is an amazing engine from the driver's seat, but based on the spotty reliability record of the Gen V engines I might actually rather have the 2.7 turbo four for reliability.
- Sooper Toyota already has no new vehicles on their lots; they are just another used car dealership now. So why introduce another model when Toyota appears to be going out of the new vehicle business?
- Tassos There is nothing 'weird' about Finland's fine system. A few other nations have it too. Switzerland maybe, I am not sure.But you do not specify WHAT was that clown's income that required him to pay $120k for a speeding ticket?I am sure that for somebody like ELon Musk, $100k will barely operate his megayacht ONE LOUSY Day.
Thanks for the stories and the compilation. I'll read them all again.
Your stories have always been one of my bright spots on this site. Thanks for the great reading. As for which were my favorites, the longer the story, the better for me. Always amazed by the obscure details.