Some Volkswagen Goodwill Packages Taking 5 Weeks, Or Longer
Some Volkswagen diesel owners say the goodwill compensation packages they elected to receive four weeks ago, as part of the automaker’s apology to North American consumers, still haven’t arrived in the mail.
According to several owners who wrote on VWVortex, gift cards have taken longer than four weeks — the timeline promised by the automaker — to arrive, if they’ve even arrived at all.
Most of the owners who posted on the forum said that they registered for VW’s goodwill program around Nov. 9, when registrations were initially open.
However, some of the posters have reported that their cards were arriving this week, the fifth week after registrations opened.
Ryan Schmidt said he and his wife registered their diesel cars on the automaker’s website Nov. 9 and that they only recently received their goodwill package from the automaker this week — his wife received hers on Monday and Ryan said he expected his to arrive Tuesday.
A spokesman for Volkswagen said he wasn’t aware of any delays in shipping out the packages to owners.
Several commenters said later registrations on the goodwill program site were rewarded with earlier packages. Commenters who said they registered their cars on Nov. 30 received packages earlier this month.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Vap65689119 Nice car, I think I'd rather have an SC430
- Theflyersfan They might not be convertible friendly, but if they work on getting the last of the winter crud off of the car during the first spring wash, it's worth its weight in gold. So many of the self-serve car washes seem to have some kind of mechanical problem with one of the nozzles, or out of some chemicals - want to do that at home.
- Bill Wade It's worked perfectly for me. Google maps is quite good and music streaming is flawless.
- TheEndlessEnigma How much is TTAC getting from the Amazon referral links? Once again, nice ads camouflaged as an article.
- Prabirmehta Great review! Brought back memories of my 2005 Z4 - loved it! I recently drove the 2023 Z4 and it felt similar in many ways to my 2005 (despite the much nicer and updated interior). Now your review has me rethinking whether to buy another one? :)
Goodwill package from VW? What are they talking about? I contacted VW Canada about this and there is no such thing in Canada. At least so far. The message I got on November 24th is that there is a gesture in the making for the patience of owners. They've been quiet about it since then. "Volkswagen Group Canada will be presenting eligible owners of affected 2.0TDI vehicles in Canada with an offer as a gesture of goodwill for their continued patience. Details of these offers will be announced in the coming days. We are taking the time to ensure we develop a program that is right for our Canadian customers." I heard nothing since. Maybe I've been sleeping under a rock.