LA 2015: Is This The 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia QV You've Been Waiting For? [Video]
Square-jawed linebacker and sometimes-Alfa chief Reid Bigland took the covers off the 2016 Alfa Romeo Giulia QV for the first time in North America on Tuesday.
The car, which has been delayed about six months, will boast 505 horsepower and a price tag in the “$70,000 range” when it goes on sale next year. According to Bigland, the Giulia QV’s 7:39 lap around the Nurburgring is the quickest for any sedan.
For the reveal, Alfa brought out its big guns. A compendium of cars from the automaker’s heritage lined its outdoor tent, including a 2008 8C, 1967 GTV, 1970 Giulia 1300 Ti, et al. (Why no Milano, no 164, or you know, ones I can actually afford? — Aaron)
• 505 horsepower
• 443 pounds-feet of torque
• Six-speed manual or automatic
• 3-liter, twin-turbocharged V-6
• 3.8 sec. 0-60 mph
• 191 mph top speed
• 7:39 Nurburgring lap time, 13 seconds faster than 911 Turbo
• 50/50 weight distribution
• 8.8-inch wide infotainment system
• Carbon fiber accents
• Probably not the best climate controls for a luxury sport compact
Bigland also outlined the base Giulia, which cost in the “$40,000 range” when it goes on sale. An all-new 276-horsepower, direct-injection four cylinder engine will power that model from 0-60 mph in around 5.5 seconds.
The Giulia’s exhaust note — not as potent as the 1968 Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 Stradale — sounds impressive in person.
More by Aaron Cole
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Probert No, they're not the future. BEV sales are growing every year, and, along with sound energy policy, result in cleaner air, lower CO2, foreign policy not based on oil, and will continue to drive like a smooth powerful nearly silent turbine. Some 19% of new car sales in 2023 were BEVs - this will continue.
- Mishab Agree with you. Thanks for sharing this insightful update about the upcoming Mini Cooper models! It's fascinating to see Mini's shift towards electrification and the unique design elements they're incorporating into the new John Cooper Works edition.Speaking of Minis, if you're a Mini Cooper owner in Sharjah looking for spare parts or considering common repairs, you might find this article on 7 common Mini Cooper repairs quite useful. ( for reading it). It covers some of the typical issues Mini owners might encounter and offers valuable insights into maintaining these iconic cars.Looking forward to more updates on Mini's electrified lineup and the exciting changes they're bringing to the automotive industry
- Redapple2 Love/lust a 110 diesel defender. Should buy one since the INEOS is gas only (and double the price). Had a lightweight in Greece. Wonder how this rides.
- Ajla There is inventory on the ground but as pointed out it is generally high dollar trims of high-dollar models and at least around here dealers still aren't budging off their mandatory nitrogen tires and Summer weather protection packages.You aren't paying '21-'22 prices anymore but it's still a long way to go.
- Slavuta Every electric car must come with a film about lithium mining