New York 2015: 2016 Scion IM Debuts
Coming straight from Europe, the 2016 Scion iM made its world debut at the 2015 New York Auto Show.
Power for the hatch comes from a 1.8-liter four with CVVT delivering 137 horses to the front corners via a six-speed manual or CVTi-S CVT with seven-step shifting. Highway fuel economy is 37 mpg, and electronic power steering and four-wheel independent suspension with rear double-wishbone help keep the 17-inch alloys planted on the road.
Other features include: 60/40 fold-down rear seating; Pioneer Display Audio connected-vehicle system; dual-zone automatic AC; heated power-folding side-view mirrors; TRD accessorization; pet-friendly accessories; and six colors from which to choose.
Price of admission for the “mono-spec” Scion iM begins at around $20,000.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- NotMyCircusNotMyMonkeys for that money, it had better be built by people listening to ABBA
- Abrar Very easy and understanding explanation about brake paint
- MaintenanceCosts We need cheaper batteries. This is a difficult proposition at $50k base/$60k as tested but would be pretty compelling at $40k base/$50k as tested.
- Scott ?Wonder what Toyota will be using when they enter the market?
- Fred The bigger issue is what happens to the other systems as demand dwindles? Will thet convert or will they just just shut down?
Damn, two new choices. Now I'll definitely be stopping by my Scion dealer when the xB comes up for replacement in the new model year.
Who dropped it and then stepped on it?