Future Ford Product Teased Just Before Debut, May Monitor Driver's Health
Checking out GoFurtherLive.com, the site Ford has set up to livestream video from their upcoming reveal of the all-new 2015 Mustang, it appears that the teaser video may include exterior and interior views of the new car, along with the possibility that the 50th anniversary version of Ford’s pony car will actually monitor the driver’s health.
While mentioning that Ford executives will be present for “major product reveals”, the video references “remarkable technologies” while a list of technology features scroll on the screen. Included among features like Fully Automated Parking, SYNC Emergency Assist and Lane Keep Assist are two features that appear to have the ability to monitor the driver’s health: ECG Heart Rate Monitoring and Glucose Level Monitoring. Some cars today can record all sorts of performance data. Extending a car’s information technology to record the driver’s ‘performance’ levels as well is a logical next step.
Of course, it’s just a promotional video. The driver monitoring technologies might be science fiction and the images might not be of the new Mustang but the fact that those health measurements are included on that list shows that at the very least, someone in Dearborn is thinking about them.
Ronnie Schreiber edits Cars In Depth, a realistic perspective on cars & car culture and the original 3D car site. If you found this post worthwhile, you can get a parallax view at Cars In Depth. If the 3D thing freaks you out, don’t worry, all the photo and video players in use at the site have mono options. Thanks for reading – RJS
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Chuck Norton And guys are having wide spread issues with the 10 speed transmission with the HP numbers out of the factory......
- Zerofoo "Hyundais just got better and better during the 1990s, though, and memories of those shoddy Excels faded."Never. A friend had an early 90s Hyundai Excel as his college beater. One day he decided that the last tank of gas he bought was worth more than the car. He drove it to empty and then he and his fraternity brothers pushed it into the woods and left it there.
- Kwik_Shift There are no new Renegades for sale within my geographic circle of up to 85 kms. Looks like the artificial shortage game. They bring one in, 10 buyers line up for it, $10,000 over MSRP. Yeah. Like with a lot of new cars.
- Ribbedroof In Oklahoma, no less!
- Ribbedroof Have one in the shop for minor front collision repairs right now,I've seen more of these in the comments than in the 30 years I've been in collision repair.
Wow...just imagine the level of failure this will be if Ford had anything to do with it. Ford can't build reliable engines...something they have been trying to figure out for near 100 years. Anyone with an ounce of common sense will avoid any Ford product produced from about 2005 to current. The risks are too great and Ford has a very well documented history of not taking any responsibility for their faulty products. One look at how My Ford Touchy has failed should be a clear indication to anyone that Ford and computer software do not mix.
I suppose that in the future, your autonomous car will detect that you're ill and drive you to the nearest hospital?