Kia Presents: Rondo Redux
Remember the Kia Rondo? If you’re reading this, then you probably do. The other 99.9% of the American public definitely doesn’t.
The compact minivan segment was never a hot one in the United States, and the Rondo was always inferior to the Mazda5, so don’t expect Kia to bring the next-generation Rondo (known as the Carens elsewhere) to our market. In Europe, it will do battle against cars like the Ford C-Max and Opel Zafira, in a crowded segment that just got disrupted by the cut-rate Dacia Lodgy.
Oh, did we mention it’s available with a manual as well?
More by Derek Kreindler
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- MaintenanceCosts So there is no Sonata trim without some type of Theta engine.It seems like they've been doing a bit better when attached to a hybrid system, so that's probably the one to get, but they're going to have to go several years without further engine troubles before I'd trust a H/K ICE product again.
- Lou_BC Full sized sort of autonomous RC's. Cute.
- Art_Vandelay Autonomous capabilities are being deployed (or planned anyway) in multiple combat vehicles. Should be fun from my perspective
- Drew8MR Interior is trivial now you can get repro everything in various levels of quality. Getting the top sorted will be a couple grand, but I'd drive it as it. I drove a $1500 67 GTO convertible for 20 years, not every old car needs to be like new.
- John Not everyone pays that much for power. Mine is 10 cents per kw…..