Aftermath: And I Hope You'll Find Your Freedom, For Eterniti …
After we wrote a bit about that new supercar company called Eterniti, and the people behind it, while Twitter was infested by odd operators, my phone started to ring in Beijing.
“Don’t you know who Kenny Chen is?” If you’ve spent some time in the auto biz in China, you can’t avoid that.
“Didn’t you hear that he bilked people out of their down-payments on cars?” We had heard such nasty rumors.
“What are you writing about him being a Porsche dealer and Aston Martin importer? The guy had to leave China and is not invited back.” We had heard that also.
That was the reason why our initial report on the matter was unimpressed when it came to Chen’s resume, and it was also the reason for the quotes around “CEO of Aston Martin China.”
But rumors are rumors. And one does not repeat rumors in vain. Especially when they are nasty.
Instead, we sent out emails to Porsche and asked to confirm or deny that “GruppeM or any entities associated with Kenny “Jen-Te” Chen still operate franchised dealerships for Porsche.” Likewise, we asked Aston Martin: “Are GruppeM or any entities associated with Kenny “Jen-Te” Chen still the exclusive importer for Aston Martin cars to China?”
Porsche responded and emphatically denies that Chen is still selling any cars for them in China. We have yet to hear from Aston Martin. Whatever they will answer shall be reported here when we have it.
The project may be backed by “an international group of investors with collective experience in high-level luxury and sports car brands, retailing, importing, car components, motorsport and driving,” as Autoexpress wrote last week. However, there are people in China that don’t give members of the team high notes in customer satisfaction.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Analoggrotto As we Tesla owners receive our life energy from the greatest son of the gods of all time, Elon Musk; His cherubs and His nephilim may remove whatever they wish from us for unto him we owe all for our superiority above all the rest of humanity.
- Kcflyer Nice to see California giving NY some competition to be the worst run state in the union.
- Wolfwagen I see my comment was deleted (BTW nice way to censor) so i will say it again:GTFO here with the pseudo "wealth distribution" BS. A crime is a crime is a crime.Its a slippery slope, what happens next, Jail a rich guy when he kills a pedestrian and let the poor guy who kills a pedestrian walk? What about if the poor guy is a crappy driver and has the record to prove it then what?Or we could go crazy and just institute the death penalty across the board for every driving infraction. That will make people better drivers or stop driving altogether which will make the greenies happy (damm it I just gave them an idea - SOB!!!)
- Wolfwagen No. Bring back the J80 with an inline six and reduced electronics (i.e. no giant touch screen) and they will probably sell like hotcakes
- David S. " test vehicles sometimes make sudden stops when uncertain about how to navigate traffic."??? Test vehicles are programmed by humans, HUMANS sometimes make sudden stops when uncertain about how to navigate traffic, Duh!!
Join the conversation