Autoblog's "No-Nonsense" Nunez Nails It: Landau Tops Rock!
I read the Autoblog headline—“ Make it stop: Bad landau tops“—and I just knew Alex Nunez was the man responsible. Mr. Nunez earned my eternal admiration with his Knight Rider live blogging posts. I certainly don’t agree with his assertion that some Landau tops are acceptable. The phrase “a bad Landau top” is about as redundant/repetitive as you/one can get/be. Still, I’m getting the feeling that Alex has finally found a blog genre worthy of his dry-as-a-vermouthaphobic-martini humor. Here’s a taste of his Question of the Day thang: “Show us, say, a mid-to-late ’70s Olds Cutlass or Lincoln Town Coupe gussied up accordingly from the factory, and we’re liable to nod in approval and make one of those, ‘Ehh, not bad at all!’ facial expressions in appreciation of the old barge. That said, most modern landau roof applications are dealer-installed, and commensurately disastrous and stupid . . . Will anything ever stop these people?” Alex’s request for more examples of lame Landaus finds favor with Autoblog’s unmoderated mob. My favorite response after the jump.
We are adjacent to the world’s largest gadget labs/factories in Taiwan. We are developing cool technology to enable us enjoy better life in the 21st century. We are hardware hackers.
The fleXpeaker is the name of the thin-paper spaker. The thickness of the “speaker” is merely 0.1 centimeters. Therefore, the paper can be integrated into buildings, electric vehicles, entertainment and medical application. Cool eh?
For more information about fleXpeaker, Pleaese visit:
We have cool gadget released from time to time. We are releasing another ground-breaking product soon in 3 weeks. Welcome to join our Facebook group to receive the latest news.
Go ITRI Taiwan now!!
More by Robert Farago
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- RobbyG $100k+...for a Jeep. Are they selling these in fantasy land?Twin turbo inline 6 paired to an 8-speed transmission. Yet still only gets 14mpg.Whatever money you think you would save over a V-8 will be spent 2-3x amount fixing these things when they blow up.
- Alan Well the manufacturers are catching up with stocks. This means shortages of parts is reducing. Stocks are building around the world even Australia and last year had the most vehicles ever sold here.
- Larry You neglected to mention that the 2024 Atlas has a US Government 5-Star Safety Rating.
- Alan Why is it that Toyota and Nissan beat their large SUVs (Patrol/300 Series) with an ugly stick and say they are upmarket? Whilst they are beating the vehicles with an ugly stick they reduce the off road ability rather than improve it.As I've stated in previous comments you are far better off waiting for the Patrol to arrive than buy an overpriced vehicle.
- Alan How many people do you see with a 4x4 running mud tyres? How many people do you see with a 4x4 running massive rims and low profile tyres? How many people have oversize mirrors for towing once in a blue moon? How many 4x4s do you see lifted? How many people care what tyres they run to save fuel? The most comfortable tyres are more or less the most economical.