The CUV Segment Must Die: Honda Crosstour Before And After
Before: early pictures of the just-confirmed-for-America Honda Crosstour testing in Britain, via AutoExpress. Early in development, the Crosstour is still just a slightly beefed-up AWD wagon.
After: more recent photos of the Crosstour testing in the US, courtesy of Leftlane. Now it’s a full-blown Crossover. I hope you’re happy, America.
More by Edward Niedermeyer
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Argistat If China invades Taiwan (becoming even more likely thanks to DT's isolationist rants) , then the US is completely screwed. If someone tried to list all the manufactured items and manufacturing equipment that contain semiconductor chips, the list would be so long you'd never complete it. Finally a real effort to help bring this into the US.
- SCE to AUX What a boondoggle.I'd rather have 40 sandwich shops opened to hire those 200 workers, and it wouldn't cost $300 million. They could include chips with every meal."The company is targeting 4.2 GWh worth of lithium-ion battery packs annually by 2026."For reference, Tesla's Gigafactory One has been at over 37 GWh annually for years, not counting its energy modules (another 14 GWh).https://www.tesla.com/blog/continuing-our-investment-nevada
- JMII Checking Cars-N-Bids the price of Rivians has dropped significantly. These things went from 100k down to 60k on the used market. I assumed it was because they finally shipped enough units as I've seen a few on the roads around me.I had a guy at the local boat ramp asked if I liked my Rivian. I told him what I was driving was in fact a Hyundai Santa Cruz. To me which he asked how I liked my EV. I responded, nope this is a turbo 4. He looked very confused - granted it was dark 'o clock in the morning so maybe his coffee hadn't kicked in yet because a Rivian and SC look very different. Both have a futuristic lighting setup so maybe that is why (again it was dark).
- Lou_BC ****Cracked engine blocks 2.7 litre turbo 4 banger. *****"GM has issued a new Customer Satisfaction Program. The Customer Satisfaction Program was released in February of 2024 and is tagged as N232415060, Block Main Oil Gallery Hot Core Pin Casting Defect. This particular Customer Satisfaction Program only applies to units of the Chevy Silverado 1500 produced for the 2023 model year. It’s currently unclear exactly how many units are affected, however, the Customer Satisfaction Program also applies to units of the 2023 Chevy Colorado, as GM Authority covered previously."
- Duke Woolworth The advantage of EVs is the luxurious quiet, even in the cheapest/smallest ones. Passengers can speak in normal volume, and the quiet is less stressful. And no oil changes.