Vath V63RS Mercedes C63 AMG Estate. Dope or Nope?
May 28th, 2009 4:19 PM Share
Don’t worry: despite the catchy headline, this isn’t going to become a regular TTAC feature. I think. Anyway, pistonheads reports that this tuned estate’s mill generates 585bhp and 509 lb·ft of torque. But wait! There’s more! “The brakes have been upgraded with six-piston callipers and 390mm drilled discs, and a new differential has been added. But the most obvious changes are to the body, on which Vath has spent considerable time and energy creating a new carbon fibre front lip returning 12kg of downforce, large carbon diffuser and carbon side vents. The whole Vath package is rounded off with 20-inch split rims and new Michelin tyres.” No word on price. But if even if you could afford it, would you?
Published May 28th, 2009 12:22 PM
Join the conversation
2 of 39 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Random1 Pretty excited about this update, I didn't see it available in mine this morning, but any day now... I think only Apple maps will be on the center display, and not Waze yet, but I assume that'll come soon enough. As to the unnecessary Tesla comment above : I'll take the build quality, the looks, and generally normal items that all cars should have over the M3 any day of the week.
- Jonathan H. The ES production is going back to Japan so it's safe to assume its assembly building will be utilized for the new EV. Seems like a good fit for what will probably be fairly low volume compared to the Camry/Rav4 assembly lines.
- NotMyCircusNotMyMonkeys how many are shorting this 23 cent (really!) stock?
- Bobbysirhan These prices will make more sense by the end of July.
- Kcflyer It fits perfectly in the you will have nothing and be happy agenda. Eliminate affordable transportation for the middle class. The ultra rich will have stuff like this.
It only took us six posts for the inevitable TTAC "I want a diesel wagon with a stick" post. I still have faint hope that Subaru will lead us to the promised land of cog swapped compression ignition wagons. To flagellate Mr. Ed into a bloody pulp: It needs a matching carbon-fiber Yakima Roof rack to hold the matching set of red light sabers.
Wow, only seven comments before the diesel manual wagon reared its ugly head! As for this thing: uh, no. Yeah, it looks Darth Vader's commuter, and yeah, it goes like stink. There's just one problem - it's a wagon. Shouldn't it have some fake wood grain or something? [edit: ok, this channeling of the other poster is just creepy...]