Hammer Time: '07 Chevrolet Aveo Vs. '92 Honda Civic
Welcome, folks! This evening we have two lightweights vying for the price crown of an adoring public auction crowd here in Red Top, Georgia. In the domestic corner weighing in at 2,363 pounds, from General Motors, please give a thunderous round of applause to the 2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value Hatchback. For this prize fight the Aveo has been equipped with the absolute basics. 5-speed, no A/C, power nothing . . . but . . . it does come equipped with a really nice CD player and a rather attractive silver exterior trim free of dings and dents. 40,000 miles. Her opponent?
From Honda of Japan, weighing in at 2178 pounds, give a nice warm welcome to a pristine 1992 Honda Civic VX with 152,000 miles. No rips or tears. Beautiful exterior graphic design. Cold air, Honda factory tape player, and aluminum wheels small enough to fit on a scooter. So which one sold for more . . . and how much? Okay, ladies and gentlemen. Make your bets (guesses) now.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Lou_BC Legalize cannabis for racing
- Add Lightness Range Rovers have come a long, long ways from their original concept of a gentleman's Land Cruiser. Pretty useless off road now but the wannabees will love them until the warrantee expires.
- ToolGuy 'Non-Land Rover' gets 2 bonus points for the correct use of carbon fiber in an automotive application. 🙂
- ToolGuy "a newly developed vehicle platform it says will double driving range"• Anyone know what this is about?
- ToolGuy "Toyota recommends that no one ride in the front passenger seat until an inspection or fix can be performed."• This is a good opportunity for the back seat driver in your life. 😉
I do. But MMR isn't always a good barometer for older vehicles. To be honest, most of the newer metal doesn't do much for me since I see it all the time. I like head to head comparos since their can be a lot more underlying dialogue about two cars instead of one.
I have a 92 Civic VX. To determine the value of a car you need to look at expected miles left if reasonable maintenance is done. Civic would be worth at least 3 times as much as the 'Chevy'. By the way 3-6 times a year for the past 5 years I have a note with name & Ph # or someone actually approaching me asking if I will sell it to them.