TTAC Contest: Bailout Begging Bumpersticker: RESULTS
In today’s TTAC contest, we were looking for the best bumper sticker slogan for the bailout-begging CEO. And man were there some good ones. We had several Jet-Gate references, from My other car is a Gulfstream/Learjet/LS430/Golden Parachute to I’d rather be flying. A few were based in visual gags, such as The Darwin fish eating Chrysler and A graphic of the Democratic congressional leadership: Don’t Laugh. They’re Paid For. Still others riffed on some of the classic standbys of the bumper sticker universe. Ass, Grass or Duracells- No One Rides For Free would be great on a Volt, as would My Child is Honor Student at Detroit Elementary School, and he could have have run this company way freakin better than I did. Finally, a few popular bumper stickers would have made great additions right out of the box, specifically Baby On Board and What, Me Worry? And we loved the idea of slapping a certain infamous quote by a certain Maximum auto executive on Wagoner’s DC-bound Volt mule. But only one quote could win…
For our money, the best slogan came from a certain Seth L, who tweaked a popular sticker with his warning:
Never spend faster than your CEO can beg
How true. After all, this is what CEOs are paid for, right? Besides, this year’s bailout (if it happens) will hardly be the first time Detroit has benefitted from the federal largesse. So, either Detroit’s CEOs have seriously fallen out of begging practice, or they spent all the PNGV money far too quickly.
Either way, Seth L has managed to convey the ridiculousness of the whole situation in a single, familiar line. Congratulations, Seth L! You’ll be hearing from cartatts.com shortly, to work out your $100 credit towards the vehicular enhancement of your choice. Here’s hoping they can hook you up with a replica of Carl’s 2Wicked graphics. Or perhaps the image above. Enjoy!
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Donald More stuff to break god I love having a nanny in my truck... find a good tuner and you can remove most of the stupid stuff they add like this and auto park when the doors open stupid stuff like that
- John Williams Sounds like a Burnout Special you can put together on any 5.0 F150. Whoever said this was Cars and Coffee bait is right on the money.
- ToolGuy Question: F-150 FP700 ( Bronze or Black) supercharger kit is legal in 50 states, while the Mustang supercharger kit is banned in California -- why??
- Scott "It may not be the ideal hauler to take the clan cross-country to Wally World considering range anxiety "Range Anxiety is a chosen term that conceals as much as it discloses. You don't care about range that much if you can recharge quickly and current BV's (battery vehicles) can't, no matter how good the chargers are. From what I've been reading it is likely that within 5 years there will be batteries in cars, most likely Tesla's, that can charge fast enough with no harm to the batteries to satisfy all of us with no need to increase range beyond a real world 300-ish miles.And that's when I buy one.
- Charles I had one and loved it . Seated 7 people . Easy to park , great van
Great Googly Mooly I won! 2 Wycked here I come! Thanks everyone!
Congratulations Seth! I missed the opportunity before the contest closed, but mine would have been: "DCin' My Way to D.C." for use on the Volt/Cruze.