Hi Sajeev, the global Ford Ranger is still sold overseas now. What are the challenges for a person to import a modern used Ranger these days?
- how much addedcostsontopofthepurchase/transport price?
- 25% truck import duty? even with a 4-door model ?
- how much paper work? US customs, EPA, State safety inspection, DMV plate?
- what if the truck has a broken or no engine/transmission, would that make the import any easier/cheaper?
- if it has no engine, install a local used engine in the US?
- does it matter if the truck is from Mexico,Thailand, South America…? any easier rules?
- RHD personal vehicle is allowed in the US?Thanks.
Tag: Gray Market
TTAC commentator bumpy ii writes:
It’s definitely going to be used in this case. Anyway, I’m looking to pick up a fun weekend car in another 3-4 years. I like to plan ahead. Here’s what I want:
* 4 doors
* manual transmission
* normally aspirated inline 6
* (the kicker) curb weight under 3,000 pounds
* preferably built after the Reagan administration (most everyone had their emissions stuff sorted out by then)
From what I can tell, this narrows the list down to 4 cars (in order of preference):