So, let’s play the game again, shall we? This week, like last, Chris decides he wants a GM muscle car. Can’t buy new since the SS might as well be vaporware. Mark argues that the new Sierra with the 6.2 is a new hotrod, and he may have a point – but I’m just not a truck guy. I need four real seats, too.
The man who helped General Motors restructure in 2009 now wants the automaker to buy back $8 billion in shares to help boost its value.
Before the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia this week, the Center for Auto Safety asked the judge to make public the U.S. Treasury’s role in the 2009 General Motors bailout.
Remember how GM brags that they are the largest auto manufacturer in China? CAAM, the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers says otherwise (via Gasgoo.) Here is the official CAAM list of the 10 largest passenger vehicle manufacturers in China, and their units sold in 2009:
- Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co: 708,100 units
- FAW-VW Automobile Co Ltd: 669,200 units
- Shanghai General Motors Co Ltd: 668,200 units
- Beijing Hyundai Motor Co: 521,000 units
- Dongfeng Nissan Ltd: 459,300 units
- BYD Co Ltd: 448,400 units
- Chery Automobile Co Ltd: 409,300 units
- Guangqi Honda Automobile Co Ltd: 337,200 units
- Tianjin FAW Toyota Motor Co Ltd: 334,700 units
- Geely Holding Group Co Ltd: 329,100 units
Taken into account that VW makes their Chinese cars with two joint ventures, SVW and FAW-VW, Volkswagen’s combined total rises to 1,377,300. The imported VWs bring the number well above 1.4m . (Read More…)
I’ll come right out and say it: It’s my parents’ fault. You see, my mom’s just a couple of inches over five feet tall and my dad’s only a bit taller than she is. But for some reason they passed genes to me resulting in me growing to 6’3″. It makes for interesting family portraits but when it comes to cars, it sucks. I grew up riding with my knees shoved in the dashboard of whatever bench-seat-equipped sedan they happened to own at the time. And now I’m given a Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring to review. Genetics is a bitch.