LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2015, 05:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

First time poster, long time reader.¬* One of my favorite sections of TTAC, other than the reviews is listening to the opinions of the Best and Brightest.¬* So I am asking for your help.¬*

18 Months ago, my wife and I replaced her 2005 Gen 1 Acura TSX 6mt with a 2014 Acura RDX Tech with AWD.¬* We now have 2 kids and she needs more room for the kid stuff.¬* She does have to travel in some nasty weather for work (Upstate NY) so the added benefit of AWD is nice.¬* My wife has a big Honda bias.¬* In Grad school she drove a 94 Honda Civic EX and she was hooked.¬* We did sample the forbidden fruit of German sports sedans (2003 Audi A4 1.8t quattro) and it was a nightmare of a money pit, we dumped it after 73K and swore off Euro brands (right or wrong) for a long time.¬*

Here's the rub: The RDX is just ok.¬* It gets Ok mileage, it is Ok to drive, it is Ok space wise, it is Ok.¬* SHe says she likes it, it is just boring.¬* I am less than enthused. ¬*

So before I ask for advice, you should know the parameters of our choices.¬* We would like to have at least 1 vehicle with 3 Rows.¬* Not sure why, just do.¬* Our goal is to have only 1 car payment at a time.¬* We don't ever lease.¬* She drives 43 Miles per day, I drive 3 miles per day.

I currently drive a 2008 Toyota Sequoia.¬* Great Truck, 97K miles and 3 rows and paid off.¬* When the RDX is paid off (36months), I want a Pick-Up.¬* (Tundra, F-150, Sierra)

Option 1:¬* Trade the RDX on an CPO MDX, keep the Sequoia for 5 more years.¬* I drove a 2015 MDX and it is much nicer that than the RDX, not much more exciting but, better

Option 2: Wait until Summer and trade the RDX on a 2016 Pilot and Keep the Sequoia for 5 more years.

Option 3: (My wife's idea) Lease a 2016 Civic Si 6MT, keep the Sequoia as a 3rd vehicle and lease a new Pick up.¬* Driving 3 vehicles between 2 people can be tough.¬*

Option 4: Suck it up, these are first world problems, just be happy you have these kind of issues.¬*

OK: Let me have it:¬* What other scenarios have I forgotten or should consider....
Fishingbret is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 07:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Thanks to this app team because I love Leo privacy very much. It is so easy and safe to use. Before without this apps I can not take or keep my personal pics or movies safe, any one will see and use it. But after I got this apps in my mobile it is so easy to use. And it be comfortable to hide images whatever I like so. And I like a new function in this app. Private browsing.
linda0901 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2017, 02:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you for this!!!
johnhill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2017, 06:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

thank for

namhoang247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forum - The Truth About Cars forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.