When it comes to buying a used car there are two basic negotiating mindsets. You can either be fair and decent or unfair...
You can rigorously apply the tests described by previous installments of...
Schedule the test drive for a...
Used cars give automobile buyers the best possible bang for the buck– except when they don’t. As a professional dealer, I could...
John writes: I recently had a local shop confirm the need for O2 sensors in my Jaguar S-Type. With 97,000 miles on them, it seems very likely they need replacement, and the mechanic wants to install...
Suppose you have a front-wheel-drive vehicle and you’re looking to fit a set of winter tires. Also, let’s assume that two of those tires have much more tread depth than the other two. On which end...
Volkswagen may not be the only one that was cheating on their emissions testing. Reports coming out of the European Federation for Transport and Environment are shining light on other manufacturers which could be putting...
Somewhat oddly for the site that used to prioritize being FIRST POST above everything else, Jalopnik was last out of the gate with their review of the Viper ACR. I think it was worth...
As I’ve mentioned before, I spent about four years as a “deal spotter” for Bring A Trailer. Much of that work consisted of browsing eBay, Craigslist, and various marque-specific forums looking for interesting deals...
Sajeev writes: Have I told you that I love you? Very, very much? Well it’s true, as your questions are the lifeblood of the column I envisioned many moons ago. And that’s why I’m again...
Bruce writes: Sajeev, A couple of years ago my son bought a 2004 Saturn Ion sedan from a friend of ours. It has about 90,000 miles on the clock and ran fine…until I insisted...
Dave writes: Hi Sajeev – I live in Brooklyn and I have a 2011 Prius that I still owe about $10k on. Before mocking my choice of personal transportation, remember that driving dynamics mean...
TTAC commentator M0L0TOV writes: Greetings All-Knowing Sajeev, I am looking for some insight on an ongoing issue with my workhorse. I have a 2003 Ford Focus ZX-5 with 160,000 miles. A little bit over...
Geoff writes: Sajeev, I enjoy your TTAC contributions very much. I have a 2002 Dodge Ram with a 5.9 liter V8. Starts every time and idles fine initially. But just when it transitions over...
Find Car Reviews By Make
Latest Car Reviews view all
rpol35 - Geez Caljn, sorry to hear you’re from Joisey; pretty obvious as your trollism is showing through loud & clear.
FreedMike - So they named their upscale trim line. Okey dokey.
FreedMike - Hey, Corey, I saw this car the other day and thought of you… https://www.cars.com/vehiclede tail/detail/680702264/over...
CoreyDL - The problem is that 2020 is also the return year of Alfa Romeo, and their 400,000 sales annually will be taking quite a...
SCE to AUX - Well, yes. I’m referring to how the Viper’s quality, ride, driveability, or comfort were never applauded, yet...
slavuta - B_C_R I am strongly disagree with you. Conceptually, Niva and RAV4 are identical. With the difference of the purpose. Here is where you’re...
rpol35 - “The latter component essentially clarifies that Avenir models will be differentiated from conventional Buicks by declaring...
CoreyDL - “Volkswagen should be “finished the hard work”” Written in 100% Pure Canadian! Ha.
FreedMike - So. Very. Brougham-y!
CoreyDL - I think Regency Elite would’ve been more appropriate.
Latest Junkyard Finds view all
|1995 Dodge Dakota, with K-Car Engine|
|1982 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia|
|1976 Buick Skyhawk|
|1996 Isuzu Oasis|
|1996 Nissan Maxima GXE, with Five-Speed|
|1989 Plymouth Reliant America|
|1990 Pontiac Grand Am, with Quad 4 Power|
Latest Editorials view all
- Bark’s Bites: An Open Letter to Florida
- No Fixed Abode: Whoa, Black Betty
- I Disapprove of the Car You Bought, but I’ll Defend to the Death Your Right to Drive It
- Ace of Base: 2016 Ford F-150
- Super Piston Slap: No Free Stuff For You!
- Chill Factor: Ford Owner Learns Harsh Hybrid Lesson
- Ask Bark: Beater For The Kid, Bimmer For Me
New Car Research
Piston Slap Articles
Hammer Time Articles
- The Real Cost of Being a Car Guy
- From Old Caddys to VW Crusher Fodder, Steve Lang’s Best of 2015
- Why Would Anyone Ever Recommend The Dodge Journey?
- Why Cheap Cars Don’t Sell
- Is America’s Last $15,000 Midsize Sedan Worth It?
- Whatever Happened To Black Friday?
- How a Smelly Dog Helped Me Buy a Volkswagen
Vellum Venom Articles
Generation Why Articles
- Younger Generation at Risk of Being Poorer Than Parents
- Shifting With The Future At The Hagerty Driving Experience
- What’s Wrong with Buick, from a Former Buick Owner
- It’s Time To End The Non-Sporty Coupe
- I Want My S16
- Social Media Is For Social Networking, Not Car Shopping
- JD Power Says Gen Y Now Buying More Cars Than Gen X
Avoidable Contact Articles
- Mark Stevenson
- Steph Willems
- Timothy Cain
- Jack Baruth
- Bark M.
- Murilee Martin
Junkyard Find Editor
- Sajeev Mehta
Piston Slap Editor
- Vojta Dobes, Czech Republic
- Matthew Guy, Canada
- Kamil Kaluski, United States
- Seth Parks, United States
- Ronnie Schreiber, United States
- Bozi Tatarevic, United States
- Chris Tonn, United States
- Adam Tonge, United States
- Kyree Williams, United States