When it comes to buying a used car there are two basic negotiating mindsets. You can either be fair and decent or unfair...
You can rigorously apply the tests described by previous installments of...
Schedule the test drive for a...
Used cars give automobile buyers the best possible bang for the buck– except when they don’t. As a professional dealer, I could...
John writes: I recently had a local shop confirm the need for O2 sensors in my Jaguar S-Type. With 97,000 miles on them, it seems very likely they need replacement, and the mechanic wants to install...
Suppose you have a front-wheel-drive vehicle and you’re looking to fit a set of winter tires. Also, let’s assume that two of those tires have much more tread depth than the other two. On which end...
Volkswagen may not be the only one that was cheating on their emissions testing. Reports coming out of the European Federation for Transport and Environment are shining light on other manufacturers which could be putting...
Somewhat oddly for the site that used to prioritize being FIRST POST above everything else, Jalopnik was last out of the gate with their review of the Viper ACR. I think it was worth...
As I’ve mentioned before, I spent about four years as a “deal spotter” for Bring A Trailer. Much of that work consisted of browsing eBay, Craigslist, and various marque-specific forums looking for interesting deals...
Sajeev writes: Have I told you that I love you? Very, very much? Well it’s true, as your questions are the lifeblood of the column I envisioned many moons ago. And that’s why I’m again...
Bruce writes: Sajeev, A couple of years ago my son bought a 2004 Saturn Ion sedan from a friend of ours. It has about 90,000 miles on the clock and ran fine…until I insisted...
Dave writes: Hi Sajeev – I live in Brooklyn and I have a 2011 Prius that I still owe about $10k on. Before mocking my choice of personal transportation, remember that driving dynamics mean...
TTAC commentator M0L0TOV writes: Greetings All-Knowing Sajeev, I am looking for some insight on an ongoing issue with my workhorse. I have a 2003 Ford Focus ZX-5 with 160,000 miles. A little bit over...
Geoff writes: Sajeev, I enjoy your TTAC contributions very much. I have a 2002 Dodge Ram with a 5.9 liter V8. Starts every time and idles fine initially. But just when it transitions over...
Find Car Reviews By Make
Latest Car Reviews view all
jthorner - CUVs are really just tallish station wagons. They will be around for a long time. A better question is this: Is the four door sedan going the way of...
thunderjet - I’d rather have a 9 speed than a CVT. I’ve yet to meet a CVT I like and I’ve...
NormSV650 - …along with being easier to slide over on to the seat as the larger, older demographic evolves. It’ll be awhile unless every car has a...
Drzhivago138 - When will haters call it quits? Yes, minivans are superior to CUVs where AWD isn’t necessary, but only when they’re full-size CUVs....
Jerome10 - Weird, I only remember hearing GM and Ford were doing the 10speed together. This is the first I...
thunderjet - Jebus people fall for that?
OldManPants - Look at that new hybrid Pacifica (if you can stand to). For the FE they’ve ridiculously lowered its ride height. The market can speak all...
JMII - Plus the infamous dealer “advertising fee”. Yep I’ve seen them put a separate line item for $300 to cover them taking pictures of the car and...
thunderjet - Then you have people like me who will buy a new car, pay it off in 4-5 years, and keep it another 5-10 years after it’s paid off. So basically until...
ponchoman49 - That must be Canadian dollars. Most 2.0T and V6 American Camaro’s are in the 28-32K range from dealers I...
Latest Junkyard Finds view all
|1988 Nissan Pulsar NX|
|2004 Suzuki Verona|
|1982 Ford LTD Country Squire|
|1980 Cadillac Seville ‘Bustleback’|
|1986 Mercedes-Benz 560 SEL, Bubba’s Cab Edition|
|1979 Audi 5000|
|1994 Volkswagen Passat GLX|
Latest Editorials view all
- Toyota Speeds up Hybrid Tech Development as Emission Regulations Loom
- Piston Slap: Foiled by a Dome Light?
- No Fixed Abode: Dealers Gone Wild!
- General Motors CEO Mary Barra Chosen for Trump Advisory Panel
- Volkswagen Execs Hiring Defense Lawyers En Masse as U.S. Authorities Snoop in Germany
- Salespeople vs. Reality: When Dealers Misrepresent Technology, You Lose
- The Chrysler 200 Is Truly, Officially Dead – FCA Has No Midsize Car
New Car Research
Piston Slap Articles
Hammer Time Articles
- The Real Cost of Being a Car Guy
- From Old Caddys to VW Crusher Fodder, Steve Lang’s Best of 2015
- Why Would Anyone Ever Recommend The Dodge Journey?
- Why Cheap Cars Don’t Sell
- Is America’s Last $15,000 Midsize Sedan Worth It?
- Whatever Happened To Black Friday?
- How a Smelly Dog Helped Me Buy a Volkswagen
Vellum Venom Articles
Generation Why Articles
- Younger Generation at Risk of Being Poorer Than Parents
- Shifting With The Future At The Hagerty Driving Experience
- What’s Wrong with Buick, from a Former Buick Owner
- It’s Time To End The Non-Sporty Coupe
- I Want My S16
- Social Media Is For Social Networking, Not Car Shopping
- JD Power Says Gen Y Now Buying More Cars Than Gen X
Avoidable Contact Articles
- Mark Stevenson
- Steph Willems
- Timothy Cain
- Jack Baruth
- Bark M.
- Murilee Martin
Junkyard Find Editor
- Sajeev Mehta
Piston Slap Editor
- Matthew Guy, Canada
- Seth Parks, United States
- Ronnie Schreiber, United States
- Bozi Tatarevic, United States
- Chris Tonn, United States
- Adam Tonge, United States
- Kyree Williams, United States