When it comes to buying a used car there are two basic negotiating mindsets. You can either be fair and decent or unfair...
You can rigorously apply the tests described by previous installments of...
Schedule the test drive for a...
Used cars give automobile buyers the best possible bang for the buck– except when they don’t. As a professional dealer, I could...
John writes: I recently had a local shop confirm the need for O2 sensors in my Jaguar S-Type. With 97,000 miles on them, it seems very likely they need replacement, and the mechanic wants to install...
Suppose you have a front-wheel-drive vehicle and you’re looking to fit a set of winter tires. Also, let’s assume that two of those tires have much more tread depth than the other two. On which end...
Volkswagen may not be the only one that was cheating on their emissions testing. Reports coming out of the European Federation for Transport and Environment are shining light on other manufacturers which could be putting...
Somewhat oddly for the site that used to prioritize being FIRST POST above everything else, Jalopnik was last out of the gate with their review of the Viper ACR. I think it was worth...
As I’ve mentioned before, I spent about four years as a “deal spotter” for Bring A Trailer. Much of that work consisted of browsing eBay, Craigslist, and various marque-specific forums looking for interesting deals...
Sajeev writes: Have I told you that I love you? Very, very much? Well it’s true, as your questions are the lifeblood of the column I envisioned many moons ago. And that’s why I’m again...
Bruce writes: Sajeev, A couple of years ago my son bought a 2004 Saturn Ion sedan from a friend of ours. It has about 90,000 miles on the clock and ran fine…until I insisted...
Dave writes: Hi Sajeev – I live in Brooklyn and I have a 2011 Prius that I still owe about $10k on. Before mocking my choice of personal transportation, remember that driving dynamics mean...
TTAC commentator M0L0TOV writes: Greetings All-Knowing Sajeev, I am looking for some insight on an ongoing issue with my workhorse. I have a 2003 Ford Focus ZX-5 with 160,000 miles. A little bit over...
Geoff writes: Sajeev, I enjoy your TTAC contributions very much. I have a 2002 Dodge Ram with a 5.9 liter V8. Starts every time and idles fine initially. But just when it transitions over...
Find Car Reviews By Make
Latest Car Reviews view all
Pch101 - Japan has high fuel taxes and a displacement tax that favors engines under 2.0 liters, yet automatics are commonplace. As I...
JimZ - No, other countries have much higher fuel costs, displacement and size taxes which means the average car owner has a small car...
Big Al From 'Murica - Al these are vehicles used in very specialized and specific roles. Special Forces need to operate without...
Kenmore - I infer from this that other countries contain a higher percentage of car guys to whom Honda profitably panders. God Bless...
speedlaw - Sorry, Honda just cheezes me off. My bro has in the garage the ur CRX-Si, unmodified and un hacked. He’s a hardcore...
mcs - @jimbob457: In a world of fracking and $50 oil, how does continuing subsidies of EV’s in...
shaker - Thanks for the help :-)
johnds - Apparently you can buy one in Minneapolis. I searched online and found a 1LT, Nightfall Gray, Convenience package, and driver package available at my local...
DenverMike - It’s all BS meant to slander, bought up by those that don’t know any better,...
redapple - Trailertrash You are correct. Rock and Roll HOF is a Pile of $hi+. Grand Funk Railroad is not in. They...
Latest Junkyard Finds view all
|1991 Infiniti M30|
|1994 BMW 530i|
|1971 Mercury Montego Sedan|
|1971 AMC Gremlin|
|1999 Cadillac Eldorado ETC|
|1990 Geo Storm GSi|
|1985 Buick Riviera|
Latest Editorials view all
- Alright, Honda, Let’s Do This Before It’s Too Late Forever
- Bark’s Bites: Dealers Are the Worst Businessmen, Part One
- 2016 Mazda3 Wins Comparison Test, All The Losers Win Bigly In The Real World
- All The Things You Learn About Yourself While Driving Overnight
- All Infotainment Systems Suck
- No Fixed Abode: Ford Windstar and the Social Strivers
- Ask Bark: Quick Bites
New Car Research
Piston Slap Articles
Hammer Time Articles
- The Real Cost of Being a Car Guy
- From Old Caddys to VW Crusher Fodder, Steve Lang’s Best of 2015
- Why Would Anyone Ever Recommend The Dodge Journey?
- Why Cheap Cars Don’t Sell
- Is America’s Last $15,000 Midsize Sedan Worth It?
- Whatever Happened To Black Friday?
- How a Smelly Dog Helped Me Buy a Volkswagen
Vellum Venom Articles
Generation Why Articles
- Younger Generation at Risk of Being Poorer Than Parents
- Shifting With The Future At The Hagerty Driving Experience
- What’s Wrong with Buick, from a Former Buick Owner
- It’s Time To End The Non-Sporty Coupe
- I Want My S16
- Social Media Is For Social Networking, Not Car Shopping
- JD Power Says Gen Y Now Buying More Cars Than Gen X
Avoidable Contact Articles
- Mark Stevenson
- Steph Willems
- Timothy Cain
- Jack Baruth
- Bark M.
- Murilee Martin
Junkyard Find Editor
- Sajeev Mehta
Piston Slap Editor
- Vojta Dobes, Czech Republic
- Alex L. Dykes, United States
- Kamil Kaluski, United States
- Seth Parks, United States
- Ronnie Schreiber, United States
- Bozi Tatarevic, United States
- Chris Tonn, United States
- Adam Tonge, United States
- Kyree Williams, United States