When it comes to buying a used car there are two basic negotiating mindsets. You can either be fair and decent or unfair...
You can rigorously apply the tests described by previous installments of...
Schedule the test drive for a...
Used cars give automobile buyers the best possible bang for the buck– except when they don’t. As a professional dealer, I could...
John writes: I recently had a local shop confirm the need for O2 sensors in my Jaguar S-Type. With 97,000 miles on them, it seems very likely they need replacement, and the mechanic wants to install...
Suppose you have a front-wheel-drive vehicle and you’re looking to fit a set of winter tires. Also, let’s assume that two of those tires have much more tread depth than the other two. On which end...
Volkswagen may not be the only one that was cheating on their emissions testing. Reports coming out of the European Federation for Transport and Environment are shining light on other manufacturers which could be putting...
Somewhat oddly for the site that used to prioritize being FIRST POST above everything else, Jalopnik was last out of the gate with their review of the Viper ACR. I think it was worth...
As I’ve mentioned before, I spent about four years as a “deal spotter” for Bring A Trailer. Much of that work consisted of browsing eBay, Craigslist, and various marque-specific forums looking for interesting deals...
Sajeev writes: Have I told you that I love you? Very, very much? Well it’s true, as your questions are the lifeblood of the column I envisioned many moons ago. And that’s why I’m again...
Bruce writes: Sajeev, A couple of years ago my son bought a 2004 Saturn Ion sedan from a friend of ours. It has about 90,000 miles on the clock and ran fine…until I insisted...
Dave writes: Hi Sajeev – I live in Brooklyn and I have a 2011 Prius that I still owe about $10k on. Before mocking my choice of personal transportation, remember that driving dynamics mean...
TTAC commentator M0L0TOV writes: Greetings All-Knowing Sajeev, I am looking for some insight on an ongoing issue with my workhorse. I have a 2003 Ford Focus ZX-5 with 160,000 miles. A little bit over...
Geoff writes: Sajeev, I enjoy your TTAC contributions very much. I have a 2002 Dodge Ram with a 5.9 liter V8. Starts every time and idles fine initially. But just when it transitions over...
Find Car Reviews By Make
Latest Car Reviews view all
raph - Haha… the only consequence to this is that the EPA will have to declare that stretch of road a superfund site after that swill soaks into the ground
Grunt - It only takes a minute or less the check the VIN at the dealership for potential recalls. GM also sends each dealer a list of...
THX1136 - A delightful story! (and what poor luck at the outset for the travelers.)
ja-gti - Hi-tech company builds fancy car with lots of electronic gizmos that don’t work so well. So why is adding more gizmos to make the...
s_a_p - Take the golf r engine and drive train. Lift the beetle 3″. Add requisite rolling stock and suspension bits to make it a true...
sportyaccordy - Thinking more and more about it, I think they need to combine this with the Impreza/WRX. The big hurdle is the form...
Vulpine - “The last thing people want, is to have a car that has a life of its own.” Remember Herbie, the Love Bug? How many people...
sportyaccordy - Turbo = added cost, added weight, added complexity, worse response, worse sound. “Lightened internals” =...
JimZ - he may be a thin-skinned, grandstanding, arrogant you know what, but Elon Musk is /anything/ but a “huckster.”
Vulpine - “The doors are the only thing that sets the Model X apart from the oncoming slew of EV crossovers.” Not the only thing;...
Latest Junkyard Finds view all
|1988 Mitsubishi Precis|
|1981 Toyota Corolla SR-5 Liftback|
|1969 Chevrolet ChevyVan 108|
|1988 Subaru Justy DL|
|1982 Dodge Aries Station Wagon|
|1984 Honda Accord Hatchback|
|1989 Pontiac Grand Am|
Latest Editorials view all
- Bark’s Bites: The Mistakes You Make When Buying a Car, Vol. I
- America’s First Road Trip: How a $50 Bet and a Dog Got a Nation on the Move
- TTAC Reader Unimpressed With Tone Deaf Volkswagen Mailout
- No Fixed Abode: Filling Every Hole In That SLT (Lineup)
- Piston Slap: BANG! The Lost Art of Exhaust Tuning?
- Ask Bark: What To Know When Going Demo
- Junkyard Find: 1988 Mitsubishi Precis
New Car Research
Piston Slap Articles
Hammer Time Articles
- The Real Cost of Being a Car Guy
- From Old Caddys to VW Crusher Fodder, Steve Lang’s Best of 2015
- Why Would Anyone Ever Recommend The Dodge Journey?
- Why Cheap Cars Don’t Sell
- Is America’s Last $15,000 Midsize Sedan Worth It?
- Whatever Happened To Black Friday?
- How a Smelly Dog Helped Me Buy a Volkswagen
Vellum Venom Articles
Generation Why Articles
- Shifting With The Future At The Hagerty Driving Experience
- What’s Wrong with Buick, from a Former Buick Owner
- It’s Time To End The Non-Sporty Coupe
- I Want My S16
- Social Media Is For Social Networking, Not Car Shopping
- JD Power Says Gen Y Now Buying More Cars Than Gen X
- A Sub-$30k Car “Wouldn’t Be A Lexus”
Avoidable Contact Articles
- Mark Stevenson
- Steph Willems
- Jack Baruth
- Murilee Martin
Junkyard Find Editor
- Sajeev Mehta
Piston Slap Editor
- Ronnie Schreiber
- Timothy Cain
- Alex L. Dykes
- Bark M., United States
- Chris Tonn, United States
- Bozi Tatarevic, United States
- Vojta Dobes, Czech Republic