When it comes to buying a used car there are two basic negotiating mindsets. You can either be fair and decent or unfair...
You can rigorously apply the tests described by previous installments of...
Schedule the test drive for a...
Used cars give automobile buyers the best possible bang for the buck– except when they don’t. As a professional dealer, I could...
John writes: I recently had a local shop confirm the need for O2 sensors in my Jaguar S-Type. With 97,000 miles on them, it seems very likely they need replacement, and the mechanic wants to install...
Suppose you have a front-wheel-drive vehicle and you’re looking to fit a set of winter tires. Also, let’s assume that two of those tires have much more tread depth than the other two. On which end...
Volkswagen may not be the only one that was cheating on their emissions testing. Reports coming out of the European Federation for Transport and Environment are shining light on other manufacturers which could be putting...
Somewhat oddly for the site that used to prioritize being FIRST POST above everything else, Jalopnik was last out of the gate with their review of the Viper ACR. I think it was worth...
As I’ve mentioned before, I spent about four years as a “deal spotter” for Bring A Trailer. Much of that work consisted of browsing eBay, Craigslist, and various marque-specific forums looking for interesting deals...
Sajeev writes: Have I told you that I love you? Very, very much? Well it’s true, as your questions are the lifeblood of the column I envisioned many moons ago. And that’s why I’m again...
Bruce writes: Sajeev, A couple of years ago my son bought a 2004 Saturn Ion sedan from a friend of ours. It has about 90,000 miles on the clock and ran fine…until I insisted...
Dave writes: Hi Sajeev – I live in Brooklyn and I have a 2011 Prius that I still owe about $10k on. Before mocking my choice of personal transportation, remember that driving dynamics mean...
TTAC commentator M0L0TOV writes: Greetings All-Knowing Sajeev, I am looking for some insight on an ongoing issue with my workhorse. I have a 2003 Ford Focus ZX-5 with 160,000 miles. A little bit over...
Geoff writes: Sajeev, I enjoy your TTAC contributions very much. I have a 2002 Dodge Ram with a 5.9 liter V8. Starts every time and idles fine initially. But just when it transitions over...
Find Car Reviews By Make
Latest Car Reviews view all
Grahambo - They do. IS350 F Sporf. Highly recommended.
brn - DUI is easily the most profitable crime for the legal system. Not so much for municipalities (some profit there...
brn - Runs in the family.
Loser - I have a Scat pack Charger, it’s my second Charger. Reliability was also a concern of mine so I leased. Neither car was unreliable. The...
brn - $2K for a couple of spoilers and $5K for wheels doesn’t sound like desperation. It sounds like arrogance.
tjh8402 - This car was interesting when it came out, but now it seems lacking. If you want true fun to drive sportiness, I can’t see why...
DC Bruce - Wadeaminnit! Maintain your speed within 1 kph of the posted limit and you can’t see the red dot? The sun still...
lzaffuto - If Honda offered a Fit with the 2.0 liter four in the base Civic LX I’d buy one today. The NA 1.5 is just too small and strained...
indi500fan - Now we know what those retired guys from the Pontiac studio of GM styling are up to these days – consulting at Acura!
brandloyalty - Let me get this straight. Self driving cars are bad because they minimize driver involvement. But strict enforcement...
Latest Junkyard Finds view all
|1979 Audi 5000|
|1994 Volkswagen Passat GLX|
|1983 Dodge Ram 50 Prospector|
|1972 Dodge D200 Custom Sweptline|
|1995 Dodge Dakota, with K-Car Engine|
|1982 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia|
|1976 Buick Skyhawk|
Latest Editorials view all
- Strict Speed Enforcement Could Make You More Dangerous Behind the Wheel
- Ask Bark: What’s The Best Sporty Sedan For Me?
- TTAC News Round-up: GM Plans to Sell You Things Inside Your Own Car
- Ace of Base: 2017 Lexus ES 350
- The Only Pickup With Good Headlight Visibility is the One You Didn’t Buy
- Consumer Reports 5 Most Reliable Vehicles For 2016 are Mostly Niche Models You Won’t Buy
- Big Hits, Massive Flops: These are Consumer Reports Least Reliable Vehicles for 2016
New Car Research
Piston Slap Articles
Hammer Time Articles
- The Real Cost of Being a Car Guy
- From Old Caddys to VW Crusher Fodder, Steve Lang’s Best of 2015
- Why Would Anyone Ever Recommend The Dodge Journey?
- Why Cheap Cars Don’t Sell
- Is America’s Last $15,000 Midsize Sedan Worth It?
- Whatever Happened To Black Friday?
- How a Smelly Dog Helped Me Buy a Volkswagen
Vellum Venom Articles
Generation Why Articles
- Younger Generation at Risk of Being Poorer Than Parents
- Shifting With The Future At The Hagerty Driving Experience
- What’s Wrong with Buick, from a Former Buick Owner
- It’s Time To End The Non-Sporty Coupe
- I Want My S16
- Social Media Is For Social Networking, Not Car Shopping
- JD Power Says Gen Y Now Buying More Cars Than Gen X
Avoidable Contact Articles
- Mark Stevenson
- Steph Willems
- Timothy Cain
- Jack Baruth
- Bark M.
- Murilee Martin
Junkyard Find Editor
- Sajeev Mehta
Piston Slap Editor
- Vojta Dobes, Czech Republic
- Matthew Guy, Canada
- Kamil Kaluski, United States
- Seth Parks, United States
- Ronnie Schreiber, United States
- Bozi Tatarevic, United States
- Chris Tonn, United States
- Adam Tonge, United States
- Kyree Williams, United States