When it comes to buying a used car there are two basic negotiating mindsets. You can either be fair and decent or unfair...
You can rigorously apply the tests described by previous installments of...
Schedule the test drive for a...
Used cars give automobile buyers the best possible bang for the buck– except when they don’t. As a professional dealer, I could...
John writes: I recently had a local shop confirm the need for O2 sensors in my Jaguar S-Type. With 97,000 miles on them, it seems very likely they need replacement, and the mechanic wants to install...
Suppose you have a front-wheel-drive vehicle and you’re looking to fit a set of winter tires. Also, let’s assume that two of those tires have much more tread depth than the other two. On which end...
Volkswagen may not be the only one that was cheating on their emissions testing. Reports coming out of the European Federation for Transport and Environment are shining light on other manufacturers which could be putting...
Somewhat oddly for the site that used to prioritize being FIRST POST above everything else, Jalopnik was last out of the gate with their review of the Viper ACR. I think it was worth...
As I’ve mentioned before, I spent about four years as a “deal spotter” for Bring A Trailer. Much of that work consisted of browsing eBay, Craigslist, and various marque-specific forums looking for interesting deals...
Sajeev writes: Have I told you that I love you? Very, very much? Well it’s true, as your questions are the lifeblood of the column I envisioned many moons ago. And that’s why I’m again...
Bruce writes: Sajeev, A couple of years ago my son bought a 2004 Saturn Ion sedan from a friend of ours. It has about 90,000 miles on the clock and ran fine…until I insisted...
Dave writes: Hi Sajeev – I live in Brooklyn and I have a 2011 Prius that I still owe about $10k on. Before mocking my choice of personal transportation, remember that driving dynamics mean...
TTAC commentator M0L0TOV writes: Greetings All-Knowing Sajeev, I am looking for some insight on an ongoing issue with my workhorse. I have a 2003 Ford Focus ZX-5 with 160,000 miles. A little bit over...
Geoff writes: Sajeev, I enjoy your TTAC contributions very much. I have a 2002 Dodge Ram with a 5.9 liter V8. Starts every time and idles fine initially. But just when it transitions over...
Earl writes: Hi Sajeev, My wife wants me to sell our pristine, time-capsule 90 Cressida for a 4Runner (or similar) because we live in winter-world. I am looking at used 4Runners and the prices...
Capitalism has no loyalties. Everybody is replaceable. Products. Employees. Employers. Services. Alliances. Joint Ventures. Financiers. Even the executives of multinational firms along with their board of directors are only as good as whatever quarterly...
Find Car Reviews By Make
Latest Car Reviews view all
28-Cars-Later - “I am worried about my country with your new president, because boasting about 5,000 new jobs vs a...
Charliej - Trump is a cheeto headed moron who’s followers are, by and large, ignorant of economics and reality in general. The reality is...
Drzhivago138 - Are both 4×4 or 4×2? See Lou’s comment on why bed height isn’t always because of taller...
CobraJet - I have a 94 Silverado and a 2009 Silverado. Parked side by side the bed height difference is dramatic. It’s...
CobraJet - Get a Weather Tech “Bumpstep” to install in the hitch receiver. Works great.
jpolicke - Turbo, DPF, Adblue, all the baggage of a diesel on an unproven engine design. I think I’ll...
DenverMike - Besides Toyota and Ram, GM should be “warned” more than any automaker. Some 300,000 crew cab pickups...
Charliej - I bought a Mexican made Chrysler PT Cruiser in 2005. I drove it for ten years with very few problems. One water pump...
CobraJet - I think the auto industry in general has a big problem with headlights. Any car over about 7 years old begins to lose light brightness due...
Lou_BC - Tedward – well said.
Latest Junkyard Finds view all
|2002 Volvo V70 XC Ocean Race Edition|
|1981 Ford Granada L, Beige Fox-Body Edition|
|2001 Pontiac Sunfire|
|1996 BMW 328i Convertible|
|1988 Toyota Camry Wagon with Five-Speed|
|1988 Nissan Pulsar NX|
|2004 Suzuki Verona|
Latest Editorials view all
- Catch an Oily Whiff of Malaise Era Ford as It Recalls 4,500 Firetraps in South Africa
- BMW and Mercedes-Benz Expect an Even Split Between Crossovers and Cars
- Piston Slap: Submit Your Questions, Keep The Lights On
- Tesla Model S Pricing Strategy Remains Unfathomable With Discounted 15 kWh Upgrade
- Volkswagen’s Last Kick at the Microbus Can: Maybe Call It a Crossover?
- Takata Pleads Guilty, Will Issue $1 Billion in Restitution for Deadly Airbags
- QOTD: What’s The Quickest ‘Vehicle’ Out There? (Because It’s Not A Tesla)
New Car Research
Piston Slap Articles
Hammer Time Articles
- The Real Cost of Being a Car Guy
- From Old Caddys to VW Crusher Fodder, Steve Lang’s Best of 2015
- Why Would Anyone Ever Recommend The Dodge Journey?
- Why Cheap Cars Don’t Sell
- Is America’s Last $15,000 Midsize Sedan Worth It?
- Whatever Happened To Black Friday?
- How a Smelly Dog Helped Me Buy a Volkswagen
Vellum Venom Articles
Generation Why Articles
- Younger Generation at Risk of Being Poorer Than Parents
- Shifting With The Future At The Hagerty Driving Experience
- What’s Wrong with Buick, from a Former Buick Owner
- It’s Time To End The Non-Sporty Coupe
- I Want My S16
- Social Media Is For Social Networking, Not Car Shopping
- JD Power Says Gen Y Now Buying More Cars Than Gen X
Avoidable Contact Articles
- Mark Stevenson
- Steph Willems
- Timothy Cain
- Jack Baruth
- Bark M.
- Murilee Martin
Junkyard Find Editor
- Sajeev Mehta
Piston Slap Editor
- Matthew Guy, Canada
- Seth Parks, United States
- Ronnie Schreiber, United States
- Bozi Tatarevic, United States
- Chris Tonn, United States
- Adam Tonge, United States
- Kyree Williams, United States