When it comes to buying a used car there are two basic negotiating mindsets. You can either be fair and decent or unfair...
You can rigorously apply the tests described by previous installments of...
Schedule the test drive for a...
Used cars give automobile buyers the best possible bang for the buck– except when they don’t. As a professional dealer, I could...
Suppose you have a front-wheel-drive vehicle and you’re looking to fit a set of winter tires. Also, let’s assume that two of those tires have much more tread depth than the other two. On which end...
Volkswagen may not be the only one that was cheating on their emissions testing. Reports coming out of the European Federation for Transport and Environment are shining light on other manufacturers which could be putting...
Somewhat oddly for the site that used to prioritize being FIRST POST above everything else, Jalopnik was last out of the gate with their review of the Viper ACR. I think it was worth...
As I’ve mentioned before, I spent about four years as a “deal spotter” for Bring A Trailer. Much of that work consisted of browsing eBay, Craigslist, and various marque-specific forums looking for interesting deals...
Sajeev writes: Have I told you that I love you? Very, very much? Well it’s true, as your questions are the lifeblood of the column I envisioned many moons ago. And that’s why I’m again...
Bruce writes: Sajeev, A couple of years ago my son bought a 2004 Saturn Ion sedan from a friend of ours. It has about 90,000 miles on the clock and ran fine…until I insisted...
Dave writes: Hi Sajeev – I live in Brooklyn and I have a 2011 Prius that I still owe about $10k on. Before mocking my choice of personal transportation, remember that driving dynamics mean...
TTAC commentator M0L0TOV writes: Greetings All-Knowing Sajeev, I am looking for some insight on an ongoing issue with my workhorse. I have a 2003 Ford Focus ZX-5 with 160,000 miles. A little bit over...
Geoff writes: Sajeev, I enjoy your TTAC contributions very much. I have a 2002 Dodge Ram with a 5.9 liter V8. Starts every time and idles fine initially. But just when it transitions over...
Earl writes: Hi Sajeev, My wife wants me to sell our pristine, time-capsule 90 Cressida for a 4Runner (or similar) because we live in winter-world. I am looking at used 4Runners and the prices...
Find Car Reviews By Make
Latest Car Reviews view all
shaker - The problem with DDT, drugs, etc. is that in a capitalist ‘regime’, the immediate benefits are weighed heavily, and the deleterious...
gtemnykh - “It’s a hatch, but it can swallow more stuff than an Escort wagon can.” I don’t think so. The Escort wagon has 67 cu ft with seats...
gtemnykh - “No major issues” = High pressure fuel pump shreds itself and sends shards of metal all through the fuel system. The VW ownership...
shaker - Political: The 1% have done a great job of preserving muscle cars from my youth. They’ve also made them unattainable by bidding them up...
Land Ark - It has to do with enthusiasts actually doing something (regardless of how minor that thing might be) to try to change the way cars are...
shaker - I’ve reluctantly shelled out $120 (shipped) twice for WeatherTech front floor mats, for my Malibu, and Volt. Pros: They fit perfectly, and...
Dave M. - Yeah these things hold their value pretty well.
Dave M. - I never “got” Clarkson despite several attempted open-minded viewings. It seemed more about the opportunity to insert comedy than actual useful car...
SaulTigh - Buy a new car with the money you saved by not having children. It’s what we did and we’re very happy no longer driving high mileage,...
hawox - exactly it’s just a question of money for the big motor companies. it has nothing to do with pollution, pollution for a bounch of race cars...
Latest Junkyard Finds view all
Latest Editorials view all
- Motor Trend Hits SEMA Hard — Then Changes Its Mind
- Ask Bark: A Craigslist Escort (Replacement)?
- No Fixed Abode: Planes, Trains, Ubers, Taxis, And Supercars
- Reader Review: 2002 Lexus SC430
- Junkyard Find: 1982 AMC Eagle Station Wagon
- Volkswagen TDI Owners Being Stuck with $1,000+ AdBlue Heater Repairs, Still Not EPA Compliant
- Ask Bark: What to Do with $300/Month?
New Car Research
Piston Slap Articles
Hammer Time Articles
- The Real Cost of Being a Car Guy
- From Old Caddys to VW Crusher Fodder, Steve Lang’s Best of 2015
- Why Would Anyone Ever Recommend The Dodge Journey?
- Why Cheap Cars Don’t Sell
- Is America’s Last $15,000 Midsize Sedan Worth It?
- Whatever Happened To Black Friday?
- How a Smelly Dog Helped Me Buy a Volkswagen
Vellum Venom Articles
Generation Why Articles
- Shifting With The Future At The Hagerty Driving Experience
- What’s Wrong with Buick, from a Former Buick Owner
- It’s Time To End The Non-Sporty Coupe
- I Want My S16
- Social Media Is For Social Networking, Not Car Shopping
- JD Power Says Gen Y Now Buying More Cars Than Gen X
- A Sub-$30k Car “Wouldn’t Be A Lexus”
Avoidable Contact Articles
- Mark Stevenson
- Jack Baruth
- Murilee Martin
Junkyard Find Editor
- Sajeev Mehta
Piston Slap Editor
- Ronnie Schreiber
- Timothy Cain
- Alex L. Dykes
- Bark M., United States
- Chris Tonn, United States
- Bozi Tatarevic, United States
- Vojta Dobes, Czech Republic