When it comes to buying a used car there are two basic negotiating mindsets. You can either be fair and decent or unfair...
You can rigorously apply the tests described by previous installments of...
Schedule the test drive for a...
Used cars give automobile buyers the best possible bang for the buck– except when they don’t. As a professional dealer, I could...
Sajeev writes: Have I told you that I love you? Very, very much? Well it’s true, as your questions are the lifeblood of the column I envisioned many moons ago. And that’s why I’m again...
Bruce writes: Sajeev, A couple of years ago my son bought a 2004 Saturn Ion sedan from a friend of ours. It has about 90,000 miles on the clock and ran fine…until I insisted...
Dave writes: Hi Sajeev – I live in Brooklyn and I have a 2011 Prius that I still owe about $10k on. Before mocking my choice of personal transportation, remember that driving dynamics mean...
TTAC commentator M0L0TOV writes: Greetings All-Knowing Sajeev, I am looking for some insight on an ongoing issue with my workhorse. I have a 2003 Ford Focus ZX-5 with 160,000 miles. A little bit over...
Geoff writes: Sajeev, I enjoy your TTAC contributions very much. I have a 2002 Dodge Ram with a 5.9 liter V8. Starts every time and idles fine initially. But just when it transitions over...
Earl writes: Hi Sajeev, My wife wants me to sell our pristine, time-capsule 90 Cressida for a 4Runner (or similar) because we live in winter-world. I am looking at used 4Runners and the prices...
Capitalism has no loyalties. Everybody is replaceable. Products. Employees. Employers. Services. Alliances. Joint Ventures. Financiers. Even the executives of multinational firms along with their board of directors are only as good as whatever quarterly...
Chris writes: Hi Sajeev, I have a 2010 Audi S5 with about 45k miles. My local mechanic recommended Mercury Warranty for mechanical breakdown coverage… is $4,700 a good deal for 5 years, or an...
TTAC Commentator bpscarguy writes: I need some advice – I am struggling with a decision on what to do with our daily driver. It’s a 2002 Infiniti I35. 140,000 largely trouble-free, easy, no fuss...
Wade writes: Hey Sajeev, This is going to take while to get to the point. For those with logophobia, skip to the last paragraph. Those people who think How I Met Your Mother was...
Find Car Reviews By Make
Latest Car Reviews view all
hgrunt - I guess that explains why you hate explaining yourself.
Scoutdude - Yes, Jeep and Dodge trucks were the prize that Daimler hoped to get from buying Chrysler. Fact is that shortly after taking over...
VolandoBajo - FCA is the embodiment of “always a bridesmaid, never a bride.” No one wants to be that guy that married the ugly,...
VolandoBajo - Can I swap a supercharged Hellcat into my 97 Grand Marquis? Will I have to go to the sixteen inch wheels and hubs in order to...
VolandoBajo - Smart Car HellCat, coming to a tree near you.
VolandoBajo - Put a Hellcat in a revived sixties Valiant or a revived seventies Duster, then I’ll be impressed.
VolandoBajo - @Lightspeed This crushing uniformity, which you have precisely defined, is one of the reasons that Panthers retain their popularity. Except for...
VolandoBajo - @CarnotCycle +1
VolandoBajo - @dal20402 The long hood leaves enough room to be able to work on the engine and its accessories without the need to pull it from the car. The...
TheyBeRollin - If this was true, why do most of the fastest, best handling, and most efficient cars have hatches? The majority also have...
Latest Junkyard Finds view all
Latest Editorials view all
- Junkyard Find: 1984 Toyota Corolla Hatchback, Spray-Foam Rust-Repair Edition
- Vellum Venom Vignette: Styling the Shark Jump?
- QOTD: What Wagon Version of a Non-Wagon Car Would You Actually Buy?
- Italy Falling Out Of Love With Mopeds, Scooters Due To Changing Trends
- Hammer Time: Halt and Catch Fire Jeep Cherokee
- Junkyard Find: 1983 Toyota Pickup, Adobe Rust Repair Edition
- New Geely Mirrors Your iPhone Screen Sideways For Guaranteed Neck Injuries
New Car Research
Piston Slap Articles
- The Body Control Module Electric?
- Minivan or SUV to Take the “A” Liner?
- Renault Kwid Unveiled, Ready To Battle Maruti Suzuki Alto In India
- New Tricks for an Old Car Phone? (Part II)
- Occam’s Razor Cuts Hardbody Headlight Headaches?
- The Express’ New Mission? (Part II)
- Panther Love Crashes a Monsoon Wedding?
Hammer Time Articles
Vellum Venom Articles
Generation Why Articles
- It’s Time To End The Non-Sporty Coupe
- I Want My S16
- Social Media Is For Social Networking, Not Car Shopping
- JD Power Says Gen Y Now Buying More Cars Than Gen X
- A Sub-$30k Car “Wouldn’t Be A Lexus”
- How Citroen Is Disrupting The New Car Market By Selling Access, Not Ownership
- Arrogance And Adolescence
Avoidable Contact Articles
- Mark Stevenson
- Murilee Martin
- Sajeev Mehta
- Ronnie Schreiber
- Tim Cain
- Mike Smitka Industry Editor
- Alex Dykes
Road Test Editor
- Jack Baruth, United States
- Brendan McAleer, Canada
- Marcelo De Vasconcellos, Brazil
- Vojta Dobes, Czech Republic
- Matthias Gasnier, Australia
- W. Christian 'Mental' Ward, United States
- Cameron Aubernon, United States
- J Emerson, United States