When it comes to buying a used car there are two basic negotiating mindsets. You can either be fair and decent or unfair...
You can rigorously apply the tests described by previous installments of...
Schedule the test drive for a...
Used cars give automobile buyers the best possible bang for the buck– except when they don’t. As a professional dealer, I could...
John writes: I recently had a local shop confirm the need for O2 sensors in my Jaguar S-Type. With 97,000 miles on them, it seems very likely they need replacement, and the mechanic wants to install...
Suppose you have a front-wheel-drive vehicle and you’re looking to fit a set of winter tires. Also, let’s assume that two of those tires have much more tread depth than the other two. On which end...
Volkswagen may not be the only one that was cheating on their emissions testing. Reports coming out of the European Federation for Transport and Environment are shining light on other manufacturers which could be putting...
Somewhat oddly for the site that used to prioritize being FIRST POST above everything else, Jalopnik was last out of the gate with their review of the Viper ACR. I think it was worth...
As I’ve mentioned before, I spent about four years as a “deal spotter” for Bring A Trailer. Much of that work consisted of browsing eBay, Craigslist, and various marque-specific forums looking for interesting deals...
Sajeev writes: Have I told you that I love you? Very, very much? Well it’s true, as your questions are the lifeblood of the column I envisioned many moons ago. And that’s why I’m again...
Bruce writes: Sajeev, A couple of years ago my son bought a 2004 Saturn Ion sedan from a friend of ours. It has about 90,000 miles on the clock and ran fine…until I insisted...
Dave writes: Hi Sajeev – I live in Brooklyn and I have a 2011 Prius that I still owe about $10k on. Before mocking my choice of personal transportation, remember that driving dynamics mean...
TTAC commentator M0L0TOV writes: Greetings All-Knowing Sajeev, I am looking for some insight on an ongoing issue with my workhorse. I have a 2003 Ford Focus ZX-5 with 160,000 miles. A little bit over...
Geoff writes: Sajeev, I enjoy your TTAC contributions very much. I have a 2002 Dodge Ram with a 5.9 liter V8. Starts every time and idles fine initially. But just when it transitions over...
Earl writes: Hi Sajeev, My wife wants me to sell our pristine, time-capsule 90 Cressida for a 4Runner (or similar) because we live in winter-world. I am looking at used 4Runners and the prices...
Capitalism has no loyalties. Everybody is replaceable. Products. Employees. Employers. Services. Alliances. Joint Ventures. Financiers. Even the executives of multinational firms along with their board of directors are only as good as whatever quarterly...
Chris writes: Hi Sajeev, I have a 2010 Audi S5 with about 45k miles. My local mechanic recommended Mercury Warranty for mechanical breakdown coverage… is $4,700 a good deal for 5 years, or an...
TTAC Commentator bpscarguy writes: I need some advice – I am struggling with a decision on what to do with our daily driver. It’s a 2002 Infiniti I35. 140,000 largely trouble-free, easy, no fuss...
Wade writes: Hey Sajeev, This is going to take while to get to the point. For those with logophobia, skip to the last paragraph. Those people who think How I Met Your Mother was...
Find Car Reviews By Make
Latest Car Reviews view all
NormSV650 - Freedmike, the Encore’s volume is only 5 cu ft of cargo less than the NX.
John Franklin Mason - Lest we not forget: after my car designs ran their course at General Motors...
dividebytube - The first house I bought – 15 years ago? yikes! – the woman next door had a white Intrigue. I drove by that...
Corey Lewis - Accord for 2000 looks fine in that area, especially in higher trims with the wood and leather on the door. And at the price...
bikegoesbaa - In this case FCA is the one trying to interfere with a free market by preventing “gouging” which is...
CaddyDaddy - Uwe Ellinghaus and his chosen crew are far more interested in being in SoHo than...
bikegoesbaa - In photos the 2000 Jetta door card sure doesn’t look much different than the one on the Intrigue. Maybe it’s...
bunkie - When I lived in Ohio, my plate had the county name of Licking on it (without the word “County” to give it some context). Never really felt comfortable...
John Franklin Mason - Situation is such Uwe Ellinghaus is full of Trump.
NormSV650 - GM has had record profits. How is Acura fairing?
Latest Junkyard Finds view all
|2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS, Phoenix Open Edition|
|1985 Mitsubishi Galant|
|1975 Mercedes-Benz 240D|
|1976 MG MGB|
|1987 Plymouth Caravelle Turbo SE Sedan|
|1990 Mitsubishi Sigma|
|2004 Saturn Ion Sedan with Manual Transmission|
Latest Editorials view all
- Cadillac Prepares For Perpetual Party, Forecasts Buoyant U.S. Auto Sales Demand While Relying On China
- Junkyard Find: 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS, Phoenix Open Edition
- VW Fined Billions of Dollars for What Looks Like the Last Time
- BMW Would Rather Phase Out Its Manuals Than Borrow a U.S. Gearbox
- 2017 Cadillac XTS Rental Review – Personal Emerald Aisle Sedan
- Ask Jack: The Robot and the Damage Done
- Rare Rides: This 1990 Toyota Town Ace Simply Kills It
New Car Research
Piston Slap Articles
Hammer Time Articles
- The Real Cost of Being a Car Guy
- From Old Caddys to VW Crusher Fodder, Steve Lang’s Best of 2015
- Why Would Anyone Ever Recommend The Dodge Journey?
- Why Cheap Cars Don’t Sell
- Is America’s Last $15,000 Midsize Sedan Worth It?
- Whatever Happened To Black Friday?
- How a Smelly Dog Helped Me Buy a Volkswagen
Vellum Venom Articles
Generation Why Articles
- Younger Generation at Risk of Being Poorer Than Parents
- Shifting With The Future At The Hagerty Driving Experience
- What’s Wrong with Buick, from a Former Buick Owner
- It’s Time To End The Non-Sporty Coupe
- I Want My S16
- Social Media Is For Social Networking, Not Car Shopping
- JD Power Says Gen Y Now Buying More Cars Than Gen X
Avoidable Contact Articles
- Mark Stevenson
- Steph Willems
- Timothy Cain
- Jack Baruth
- Murilee Martin
Junkyard Find Editor
- Sajeev Mehta
Piston Slap Editor
- Matthew Guy, Canada
- Seth Parks, United States
- Ronnie Schreiber, United States
- Bozi Tatarevic, United States
- Chris Tonn, United States
- Corey Lewis, United States
- Adam Tonge, United States
- Kyree Williams, United States