When it comes to buying a used car there are two basic negotiating mindsets. You can either be fair and decent or unfair...
You can rigorously apply the tests described by previous installments of...
Schedule the test drive for a...
Used cars give automobile buyers the best possible bang for the buck– except when they don’t. As a professional dealer, I could...
John writes: I recently had a local shop confirm the need for O2 sensors in my Jaguar S-Type. With 97,000 miles on them, it seems very likely they need replacement, and the mechanic wants to install...
Suppose you have a front-wheel-drive vehicle and you’re looking to fit a set of winter tires. Also, let’s assume that two of those tires have much more tread depth than the other two. On which end...
Volkswagen may not be the only one that was cheating on their emissions testing. Reports coming out of the European Federation for Transport and Environment are shining light on other manufacturers which could be putting...
Somewhat oddly for the site that used to prioritize being FIRST POST above everything else, Jalopnik was last out of the gate with their review of the Viper ACR. I think it was worth...
As I’ve mentioned before, I spent about four years as a “deal spotter” for Bring A Trailer. Much of that work consisted of browsing eBay, Craigslist, and various marque-specific forums looking for interesting deals...
Sajeev writes: Have I told you that I love you? Very, very much? Well it’s true, as your questions are the lifeblood of the column I envisioned many moons ago. And that’s why I’m again...
Bruce writes: Sajeev, A couple of years ago my son bought a 2004 Saturn Ion sedan from a friend of ours. It has about 90,000 miles on the clock and ran fine…until I insisted...
Dave writes: Hi Sajeev – I live in Brooklyn and I have a 2011 Prius that I still owe about $10k on. Before mocking my choice of personal transportation, remember that driving dynamics mean...
TTAC commentator M0L0TOV writes: Greetings All-Knowing Sajeev, I am looking for some insight on an ongoing issue with my workhorse. I have a 2003 Ford Focus ZX-5 with 160,000 miles. A little bit over...
Geoff writes: Sajeev, I enjoy your TTAC contributions very much. I have a 2002 Dodge Ram with a 5.9 liter V8. Starts every time and idles fine initially. But just when it transitions over...
Find Car Reviews By Make
Latest Car Reviews view all
kvndoom - I for one do NOT welcome our new four cylinder overlords. (at least not in “performance” vehicles)
Inside Looking Out - The same true with Kodak which invented digital camera and may be Xerox too. American companies somehow pretend that the world...
MRF 95 T-Bird - Just screen out the vehicles with the “US out of the UN”, “Edwin Walker for Governor” and other Bircher sympathetic...
Big Al from Oz - WhiskeyRiver, I hope you were removing the glaze and not trying to hone the cylinders.
Kenmore - Anyone else ready to dive into that photo and be 1962 again? Take prints of Zapruder stills back and save JFK.
WhiskeyRiver - Now we’re talkin’ Lou. I think that’s why I like following Jack… He does a good job of conveying how the car makes him feel. I...
SP - I sort of agree. I like the diversity of opinions here, and sometimes people really come up with an interesting and original take on some issue that makes me stop...
SP - brn, I don’t know who you are, and can’t say I really noticed you before. Now you have me curious. Or maybe you are just trolling to say that you...
SP - I thought the standard procedure was to choose a decoy to whom you were not related or particularly attached. (Refer to Hussein et...
Lou_BC - TTCat- really soft terrain can be traversed more easily at speed. There are obvious limits to that. For example:...
Latest Junkyard Finds view all
|1999 Cadillac Eldorado ETC|
|1990 Geo Storm GSi|
|1985 Buick Riviera|
|1986 Pontiac Fiero SE|
|1988 Mitsubishi Precis|
|1981 Toyota Corolla SR-5 Liftback|
|1969 Chevrolet ChevyVan 108|
Latest Editorials view all
- About Commenting and Self-Policing
- Bark’s Bites: Who Is Bark, And Why Should We Listen To Him?
- Ford Mustang vs. Chevrolet Camaro: 2016 Is Clearly Not The New Camaro’s Year
- TTAC’s Long-Term Test 2015 Honda Fit: The Bell Tolls at 7,987 Miles
- How Decision 2016 Will Affect the Auto Industry
- From In-Road Rock Formations to Traffic-Directing Robots: A Dispatch from Congo
- Dacia Borrows Iconic Queen Hit For New Duster Commercial
New Car Research
Piston Slap Articles
Hammer Time Articles
- The Real Cost of Being a Car Guy
- From Old Caddys to VW Crusher Fodder, Steve Lang’s Best of 2015
- Why Would Anyone Ever Recommend The Dodge Journey?
- Why Cheap Cars Don’t Sell
- Is America’s Last $15,000 Midsize Sedan Worth It?
- Whatever Happened To Black Friday?
- How a Smelly Dog Helped Me Buy a Volkswagen
Vellum Venom Articles
Generation Why Articles
- Shifting With The Future At The Hagerty Driving Experience
- What’s Wrong with Buick, from a Former Buick Owner
- It’s Time To End The Non-Sporty Coupe
- I Want My S16
- Social Media Is For Social Networking, Not Car Shopping
- JD Power Says Gen Y Now Buying More Cars Than Gen X
- A Sub-$30k Car “Wouldn’t Be A Lexus”
Avoidable Contact Articles
- Mark Stevenson
- Steph Willems
- Jack Baruth
- Murilee Martin
Junkyard Find Editor
- Sajeev Mehta
Piston Slap Editor
- Ronnie Schreiber
- Timothy Cain
- Alex L. Dykes
- Bark M., United States
- Chris Tonn, United States
- Bozi Tatarevic, United States
- Vojta Dobes, Czech Republic