When it comes to buying a used car there are two basic negotiating mindsets. You can either be fair and decent or unfair...
You can rigorously apply the tests described by previous installments of...
Schedule the test drive for a...
Used cars give automobile buyers the best possible bang for the buck– except when they don’t. As a professional dealer, I could...
John writes: I recently had a local shop confirm the need for O2 sensors in my Jaguar S-Type. With 97,000 miles on them, it seems very likely they need replacement, and the mechanic wants to install...
Suppose you have a front-wheel-drive vehicle and you’re looking to fit a set of winter tires. Also, let’s assume that two of those tires have much more tread depth than the other two. On which end...
Volkswagen may not be the only one that was cheating on their emissions testing. Reports coming out of the European Federation for Transport and Environment are shining light on other manufacturers which could be putting...
Somewhat oddly for the site that used to prioritize being FIRST POST above everything else, Jalopnik was last out of the gate with their review of the Viper ACR. I think it was worth...
As I’ve mentioned before, I spent about four years as a “deal spotter” for Bring A Trailer. Much of that work consisted of browsing eBay, Craigslist, and various marque-specific forums looking for interesting deals...
Sajeev writes: Have I told you that I love you? Very, very much? Well it’s true, as your questions are the lifeblood of the column I envisioned many moons ago. And that’s why I’m again...
Bruce writes: Sajeev, A couple of years ago my son bought a 2004 Saturn Ion sedan from a friend of ours. It has about 90,000 miles on the clock and ran fine…until I insisted...
Dave writes: Hi Sajeev – I live in Brooklyn and I have a 2011 Prius that I still owe about $10k on. Before mocking my choice of personal transportation, remember that driving dynamics mean...
TTAC commentator M0L0TOV writes: Greetings All-Knowing Sajeev, I am looking for some insight on an ongoing issue with my workhorse. I have a 2003 Ford Focus ZX-5 with 160,000 miles. A little bit over...
Geoff writes: Sajeev, I enjoy your TTAC contributions very much. I have a 2002 Dodge Ram with a 5.9 liter V8. Starts every time and idles fine initially. But just when it transitions over...
Find Car Reviews By Make
Latest Car Reviews view all
Drzhivago138 - If by “Focus-based” you mean “has a Focus steering wheel and an interior reminiscent of every other EU...
Drzhivago138 - Naw, the rear glass is all Murano.
tonycd - How much you wanna bet that like most legislators who are all gung-ho to dish out enormous jail terms, these guys are taking cash...
threeer - We are getting a hatchback GM…in the form of the Hecho en Mexico Cruze…
CoreyDL - “Henry Williams, who claims to no longer be in contact with McGee, told CBS46 that he was in the passenger seat next to...
Kenmore - That regrettably describes every remaining hatch made except for VW’s.
KixStart - Ninety per cent of knowing how to build an EV is knowing how to build a V and Ford is as good at that as GM. None of the major manufacturers are...
Occam - “Snapchat has since added a pop-up warning to its speed filter to deter people from using it while behind the wheel. Putting...
mcs - Thanks Kyree! His only issues so far with the car is that he thinks the clutch travel is...
319583076 - It looks like a Focus with a mildly modified front end.
Latest Junkyard Finds view all
|1980 Plymouth Arrow|
|1988 Ford Escort GT|
|1983 Porsche 944|
|1992 Toyota Previa All-Trac|
|1990 Cadillac Allanté|
|1979 International Harvester Scout|
Latest Editorials view all
- Junkyard Find: 1980 Plymouth Arrow
- The Votes Are In! Here Are Your Candidates for Worst Automobiles of 2016, Along with Your Nomination Comments
- The Votes Are In! Here Are Your Candidates for Best Automobiles of 2016, Along with Your Nomination Comments
- The $100,000 Pickup Truck is Real, and You Have Dealers and the Aftermarket to Thank For It
- Piston Slap: Studded vs Studless vs All Season?
- GLA45 AMG’s Aerodynamics Package is Mercedes-Benz at Its Worst
- Ask the Editor/B&B: What the Heck is This Concept Car?
New Car Research
Piston Slap Articles
Hammer Time Articles
- The Real Cost of Being a Car Guy
- From Old Caddys to VW Crusher Fodder, Steve Lang’s Best of 2015
- Why Would Anyone Ever Recommend The Dodge Journey?
- Why Cheap Cars Don’t Sell
- Is America’s Last $15,000 Midsize Sedan Worth It?
- Whatever Happened To Black Friday?
- How a Smelly Dog Helped Me Buy a Volkswagen
Vellum Venom Articles
Generation Why Articles
- Shifting With The Future At The Hagerty Driving Experience
- What’s Wrong with Buick, from a Former Buick Owner
- It’s Time To End The Non-Sporty Coupe
- I Want My S16
- Social Media Is For Social Networking, Not Car Shopping
- JD Power Says Gen Y Now Buying More Cars Than Gen X
- A Sub-$30k Car “Wouldn’t Be A Lexus”
Avoidable Contact Articles
- Mark Stevenson
- Steph Willems
- Jack Baruth
- Murilee Martin
Junkyard Find Editor
- Sajeev Mehta
Piston Slap Editor
- Ronnie Schreiber
- Timothy Cain
- Alex L. Dykes
- Bark M., United States
- Chris Tonn, United States
- Bozi Tatarevic, United States
- Vojta Dobes, Czech Republic