Last week I wrote an article called A Deer In The Headlights about my parents hitting a deer a few days prior. In the story, I talked about the impact and reported that the RAV4 they were driving caught fire as they were being pulled out. Fortunately the good men and women of the Monroe, WA Fire Department arrived on the scene and, in short order, got things under control before the entire car melted down.
I sent a link to that article to my stepfather, Guy, and he responded yesterday with the attached photos. I thought I would go ahead and post them up so any of you who were interested in seeing the results for yourselves could take a look. It looks like a bad accident, but both my mother and Guy were uninjured. They were released without a trip to the hospital after being checked over by paramedics at the scene of the accident.
Thanks to all of you who expressed your concerns and best wishes, my entire family appreciates your kind thoughts. The good news, if there can be anything of the sort in an event like this, is that this is the first buck anyone in my family has managed to get since my father took one out armed with nothing but stealth and a ball peen hammer back in ’75.