Just as Suzuki prepares to wrap things up in the North American market, their global product line is set to be revamped entirely, with a focus on vehicles like the Nissan Juke.
AutoExpress is reporting that no less than five new cars will debut in the Suzuki lineup, including
- A new three-cylinder city car to replace the Splash
- A four-wheel drive version of the highly acclaimed Swift
- A new B-segment crossover
- A production version of the Suzuki G70 concept car using Fiat’s TwinAir two-cylinder engine
- An MPV-type vehicle slotting above the Swift
Right now, the last two are under consideration with the others being given a green light. Given that none of those products would really fly in North America, save for the Swift (and that’s a longshot at best) it’s easy to see why the decision to close up shop was made, rather than invest in North American-specific product.