NOTE: I received the following email from Saab Automobile Parts North America. As I was not aware of the recent details behind Saab’s parts/service operation (my bad) I felt obligated to share this, unedited, with everyone. – SM
We read, with great interest, your latest Piston Slap post and the many comments in response to “The Last Saab = good Deal?” We wanted to take this opportunity to let you know about Saab Automobile Parts North America, the exclusive authorized provider of Saab Genuine Parts in North America. Venues like yours help us to get the message out that Saab Genuine Parts and Service are available.
For your review, I’ve attached a copy of our recent press release, which announces our newest initiative, the Saab Secure Program; but also provides more detail on our company, ownership and highlights of our very busy start-up period. In a short period of time, we’ve made notable progress on many fronts, to provide a structure of strong support to current and future Saab owners:
- Established a network of 179 Official Service Centers in the US and Canada.
- Returned availability of Saab parts back to the high levels that existed prior to the Saab Automobile AB bankruptcy.
- Entered into an agreement with General Motors to administer warranty services on 2009 and prior model years, providing a seamless warranty experience for those Saab owners.
- Launched the Saab Secure program to support owners of 2010 and 2011 Saab models.
- Launched a North America Technical Assistance Center to provide technical help for Saab Service Centers in providing high quality repairs for Saab owners.
- Launched a North America Customer Assistance Center on January 7, 2013 to support all Saab customers in North America needing assistance with inquiries about parts, accessories, service and technical support.
- Launched a new SPNA website, Saab.com and Facebook page to share up to date information about the company, service facilities and current promotions.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss Saab Automobile Parts North America with you in more detail. Please feel free to contact me at any time to set up an interview.
There you have it, dear readers. The press release, dated 1/10/13, is here to clear up any Saab-related quandaries. And since the Saab mother ship is listening, this is a great time to give them some more unfiltered feedback.
If you think I’m a typical media shill for posting a press release, I can dig it. But some releases are too, um, valuable to ignore. Plus, with the above music video in mind, you’ll see I’m merely keeping an Angry God from sending a Turbo Saab with Juan Manuel Fangio behind the wheel to my doorstep. I really, honestly, love the engineering in Saab’s seats…don’t put me in the same hole Ford left the Panther Chassis!!!
And to the detractors, it begs the question: would you consider buying a Saab now? I re-checked my link, and 6 more new Saabs showed up online!
Any other questions? Apparently Saab is listening, so speak up.
Send your queries to [email protected]