Canadian Car crooks have an affliction for Asian automobiles. According to a list of the 10 most stolen cars in Canada – 2011, published by the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC), half of the cars are Japanese, with Toyotas and Hondas taking the podium.
And the losers are:
- 2009 Toyota Venza 4-door
- 1999 Honda Civic SiR 2-door
- 2000 Honda Civic SiR 2-door
- 2006 Ford F350 Pickup Truck 4WD
- 2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4-door AWD
- 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4-door 4WD
- 2007 Ford F350 Pickup Truck 4WD
- 2001 Pontiac Aztek 4-door AWD
- 1998 Acura Integra 2-door
- 1999 Acura Integra 2-door
The 5 American cars are all trucks, except for #8. That was no truck, that was an abomination on wheels. How a 2001 Pontiac Aztek 4-door AWD can land in the Top Ten is anybody’s guess.
The best guess is probably that of a commenter on GMinsidenews.com, who said:
“LOL …..check out #8!! Must be some sort of gang initiations thing or something!”