Yes, well, Car And Driver‘s Dave Vanderwerp kind of stole our headline for his takedown of EPA testing practices. Still, he earns it by stripping away any illusions you may have harbored about the rigor of the EPA testing process. Did you know that the EPA only tests 15 percent of all new vehicle models, taking automakers at their word for the other 85 percent? Surely you were aware that the EPA once had to convert a Bugatti Veyron to two-wheel drive for testing because it didn’t have four-wheel dynos at the time? No? Hell, the EPA test can’t even tell whether the BMW M5’s +100hp “M” button is on or off. No wonder the Volt is going to get 2,347 mpg! Read the whole thing over at MSN Autos.
Find Reviews by Make: